Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Into the Future ~download~ suddenly needs a disc??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Into the Future ~download~ suddenly needs a disc?? Empty The Sims 3 Into the Future ~download~ suddenly needs a disc??

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2018, 13:09

Okay, so I downloaded all of TS3 expansion packs that I didn't have myself without encountering any problems. So obviously I thought that'd be the same with Into the Future, but while I did everything the installation guide told me to, while installing the pack, it said it needed a disc. I ain't no pc genius so maybe someone here can help? I didn't have this problem with any of the other packs, just this one and I didn't do anything different than I did with the other ones...  So what can I do so that it won't think it needs a disc?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Into the Future ~download~ suddenly needs a disc?? Empty Re: The Sims 3 Into the Future ~download~ suddenly needs a disc??

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2018, 14:04

Before the installation of Island Paradise and Into the future you must apply the Patch 1.67

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Into the Future ~download~ suddenly needs a disc?? Empty Re: The Sims 3 Into the Future ~download~ suddenly needs a disc??

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2018, 14:24

What do you mean exactly? My TS3 is updated to 1.69.etc so that can't be it. Do you mean a patch within the Into The Future itself? Or?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 04 May 2018, 21:55

NoInspiration wrote:What do you mean exactly? My TS3 is updated to 1.69.etc so that can't be it. Do you mean a patch within the Into The Future itself? Or?

Yes, you need to copy the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll  from the Into the Future #Crack folder to the main Sims 3 install folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin for 64-bit OS or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin for 32-bit OS). Make sure to select Copy and Replace when prompted, then launch the game using TS3W.exe.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 May 2018, 23:20

NoInspiration wrote:Okay, so I downloaded all of TS3 expansion packs that I didn't have myself without encountering any problems. So obviously I thought that'd be the same with Into the Future, but while I did everything the installation guide told me to, while installing the pack, it said it needed a disc. I ain't no pc genius so maybe someone here can help? I didn't have this problem with any of the other packs, just this one and I didn't do anything different than I did with the other ones...  So what can I do so that it won't think it needs a disc?

Welcome to the Forum @NoInspiration,

If you get an error during the installation that prompts you to "insert a disc", it's oftentimes an indicator that something is wrong with the installer. Could you please provide us with more information...?

Where did you get your "first" Sims 3 downloads from? Where did you get the Into the Future-DLC from? If you got it from Games4theworld, please use only WinRAR for extracting the .rar archive. Also make sure to extract the contents of the .rar into an empty folder, and start the installation from there.

The next problem is, how did you "update to 1.69"? You could have only done that through Origin/ZLOrigin. If so, keep in mind there is no crack available for that version. If you have the game through Origin, I'm not even sure if you can add cracked expansions to it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top