Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem Empty The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem

Post by Guest Tue 15 May 2018, 23:32

I installed custom content in the game and none of it is showing up, I'll appreciate greatly if someone could help me of the problem.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem Empty Re: The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 15 May 2018, 23:52

xLanaDelRey wrote:I installed custom content in the game and none of it is showing up, I'll appreciate greatly if someone could help me of the problem.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @xLanaDelRey,

Can you maybe try and give us a few more details about the stuff you are trying to install? Smile  For example, where did you download the files from? Are the files in the .package or .sims2pack file format? Do you maybe know what type of custom content these files are supposed to be (script mods, clothing, etc.) ?

Also note that it's generally recommended to download/install custom content only on a Sims 2 game that has all available expansions and stuffpacks installed; in case you did not do that yet, please in additional also install any "missing" DLC for your Sims 2 game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem Empty Re: The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2018, 00:01

it's .package, and i have all the expansion packs to The Sims 2

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 May 2018, 00:11

xLanaDelRey wrote:it's .package, and i have all the expansion packs to The Sims 2

Did you make sure to put the files under this location here?

The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem Screen25

If you get a popup in-game, please click on "Enable Custom Content":

The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem Screen10

Later on, in the game's option menu, please also tick the options here:

The Sims 2 Install Custom Content Problem Screen26

P.S. a lot of "custom content items" are in fact re-colored versions of existing EA/Maxis items. You also need to download the "Color Enabler Package", which is a third-party mod that enables these re-colors.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=92541

(^we are not associated with the above site, just as a sidenote).

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2018, 00:28

where can i get the sims2package?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 May 2018, 20:59

xLanaDelRey wrote:where can i get the sims2package?

I'm sorry, what exactly do you mean...?

We were installing .package file custom content, weren't we? Or are you talking about that "Color Enabler Mod" that I mentioned before? If yes, you need to register on that "modthesims"-website, and download the mod from there. Put it in the location, that I showed in the screenshot before.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top