Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims folder isn't showing in the regedit local machine systems folder. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims folder isn't showing in the regedit local machine systems folder. [SOLVED] Empty Sims folder isn't showing in the regedit local machine systems folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jun 2018, 00:25

Hello,

While reading the installation guide for the sims3 World adventures pack I noticed on the second instruction it asked me to navigate to  regedit and do the following= HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3. But as I get to SOFTWARE and lower the drop menu the Sims folder Isnt visible. I installed the base game but haven't started playing or created a household and the game loads fine with no issues.

Did I maybe install the base game wrong if the Sims folder isnt showing via regedit? Please let me know what do.

Thanx

Help

Back to top Go down

Sims folder isn't showing in the regedit local machine systems folder. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims folder isn't showing in the regedit local machine systems folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jun 2018, 10:36

Maybe you can find it under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3

Back to top Go down

Sims folder isn't showing in the regedit local machine systems folder. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims folder isn't showing in the regedit local machine systems folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jun 2018, 16:31

Thank you so much, i found it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 07 Jun 2018, 21:24

Rhaetia wrote:Thank you so much, i found it. Smile

For future installations of games/software, if you have a 64-bit Windows, it'll mostly be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wowo6432Node. But sometimes you should also check under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software, too. 

Feel free to get in touch with us again anytime, and open a new topic. Have fun! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top