Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparations for the new Sims 4 DLC "Seasons" (Coming soon on G4TW??)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Preparations for the new Sims 4 DLC "Seasons" (Coming soon on G4TW??) - Page 2 Empty Preparations for the new Sims 4 DLC "Seasons" (Coming soon on G4TW??)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Jun 2018, 22:12

First topic message reminder :

Hello all!

The new and highly-anticipated The Sims 4 DLC Seasons is scheduled to be released shortly. Official release date for Origin is Friday the 22nd of June 2018. As usual, G4TW will be trying to come up with a repack of the new DLC as soon as possible, after the official release.

A lot of G4TW users had been or still are using the "ZLOrigin", to grab the new updates and DLC. Note that we are not associated with the platform and their staff, although we do try and give support, if people happen to ask. I did want to use the opportunity to address a few things regarding the ZLOrigin though.

Those of you following ZLOrigin have surely noticed that as of lately, their original root domain (zloemu.tk) was suspended, leading to some initial confusion among users, though with a quick hosts-file fix, the issue was initially remedied. In addition, there is also a new ZClient & ZLOrigin installation-folder that you can download, here - credits for that repack go to user @Tarac. So yes, the ZLOrigin is still running.

However, users are experiencing slow download speeds at the moment, which is no surprise. In anticipation of the new DLC (that seems to promise certain new dimensions in the gameplay), a lot of people are downloading simultaneously from ZLOrigin. The effect is that download speeds are slow for everybody. At this point you will need to bear in mind whether you want to download from ZLOrigin, or another source. If the download traffic for the current 1.44 patch is heavy, it should give you an idea about what is going to come up when the actual DLC is released. Make no mistake, despite some preparations on our end, the initial torrent speeds will also be slow. 

If you are an avid G4TW follower and user of our downloads, I personally would recommend that you wait for the G4TW repack in this case. It will help free up a certain amount of bandwidth from the ZLOrigin servers, and yes: it will also enable the G4TW team to grab the ZLOrigin files more easily. We have been relying on ZLOrigin, in the past few months, for these files. Keep in mind that we don't just grab the actual game updates, but also the language string files. Due to the way the game works, the game needs to be repaired each time in ZLOrigin, in order to download a new set of language string files. There are now 17 languages in The Sims 4, total. Each repair in ZLOrigin takes about 10 minutes to complete. Do the math yourselves, as to how long it ultimately takes us to fully extract the necessary files through ZLOrigin. Not including any error messages, that make the entire process even more painful to complete.

I know what some of you are thinking now. "I have ALL DLC of The Sims 4 on Origin, can I donate that to you??". The answer is: it would not provide us enough help. In Origin, you cannot repair the game to download a new language string-set, to my knowledge, and last time I looked. In Origin, you literally need to un-install and re-download the entire game just to grab a new language string-set. It is literally not doable by a single person, which is why we prefer using ZLOrigin, as the basis for our repacks.

It's an unrealistic expectation for sure, but maybe it will reach at least some people out there. Longer message, but thanks for reading and...stay frosty.

What a Face

P.S. if you absolutely must use ZLOrigin, for example because your ISP doesn't tolerate torrenting, or even if you prefer simplicity, then by all means: please don't feel 'deterred' by what I said above. Grab the stuff from ZLOrigin, then.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 21 Jun 2018, 22:04; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Preparations for the new Sims 4 DLC "Seasons" (Coming soon on G4TW??) - Page 2 Empty Re: Preparations for the new Sims 4 DLC "Seasons" (Coming soon on G4TW??)

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 17:19

With all the content that is with the new pack?

Back to top Go down

Preparations for the new Sims 4 DLC "Seasons" (Coming soon on G4TW??) - Page 2 Empty Re: Preparations for the new Sims 4 DLC "Seasons" (Coming soon on G4TW??)

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 17:22

Yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 18:26

I just downloaded it and I'm so excited!!! It's awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 18:58

Will the patch update be available soon, or will u guys merge it with the season's download when that comes out? I can't wait to play it omg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 19:03

baeshell wrote:Will the patch update be available soon, or will u guys merge it with the season's download when that comes out? I can't wait to play it omg
You can play it right now via ZLOrigin.
No doubt the "crack-scene" is working hard on a suitable crack. Unfortunately G4TW cannot make such a crack themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 19:33

This might be a stupid question, but can I download the ZLOrigin files if I don't use those at the moment? Bc I've been using the torrents from G4TW where Origin doesn't work. Can I just merge these two together, or do I need to completely uninstall everything for the ZLOrigin to work?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Jun 2018, 22:02

Thank you everybody for your attention, and stay tuned for further updates!

Mystery solved Haters gonna hate

P.S. for troubleshooting concerns, please search existing discussions on the Forum, or feel free to open a new thread.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top