Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". [LAST UPDATED ON 05-04-2020]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". [LAST UPDATED ON 05-04-2020] Empty How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". [LAST UPDATED ON 05-04-2020]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Jun 2018, 22:13

Are you getting an error that says "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently - Please try accessing the file again later", when trying to download something through GoogleDrive? It means that the bandwidth of the download (2 Terabytes - or 2,000 Gigabytes - per each 24-hour-cycle) has been reached. But there is still a way to download the item in such a case! There are many such guides already out there, but for the convenience of the G4TW Forum users I am writing my own, with some additional notes.

Games4theworld sometimes offers direct downloads that are located on GoogleDrive. If you want or even need to download from GoogleDrive (for example, if for whatever reason you cannot use torrents), here is what you can do. Create an account on Google, if you don't have one already. 
https://accounts.google.com/

Make sure that you are logged into the account, and in "normal" mode (a.k.a. NOT in the "incognito-mode"). Click on the images in this guide, or right-click on them and choose "save as", to view them in their full size!

1.) Access the download-link of the item that you want to grab. The window will look like this. Click the button in the top right corner, that says "Add to my Drive". I've used an installation text guide for this updated tutorial.

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". [LAST UPDATED ON 05-04-2020] 3ses7D8

2.) Now choose My Drive => Add shortcut.

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". [LAST UPDATED ON 05-04-2020] Lpv6vua

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". [LAST UPDATED ON 05-04-2020] Bo3VvAH

3.) Go under "drive.google.com" now. You will see the file you want to import, but with no owner name (there will only be a blank space). Note that items in your GoogleDrive that have the owner name "me", indicate files fully under your control, i.e. they are properly uploaded - or in this instance, imported.

Right-click on the item you want to import and choose "Show File Location"!

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". [LAST UPDATED ON 05-04-2020] 6aCzVwL

4.) Before you can make a copy in the next step, please make sure to have enough empty space on your GoogleDrive...enough for your desired item to fit in. If you still end up with an "error while making a copy", try checking out your GMAIL, and delete old messages from there. Similarly, check out GooglePhotos if you use it, and delete old stuff from there too.

Now once you get to the page "Shared with me", right-click on the file you want to import and choose "Make a copy".

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". [LAST UPDATED ON 05-04-2020] LQZqXAV

If you did everything right and you go under "drive.google.com", you will now see a file named "Copy of [insert original file name here]". And the owner name is "me". Also known as, YOU. And you can download the file whenever you like, without worrying about the error mentioned in the beginning. This step - of "making a copy" (of the original file) is very crucial, because if you just leave the file with the different owner as it is and the original source is taken down, it will completely disappear for you as well.

Additional notes:

Arrow  We recommend importing the file to your GoogleDrive, instead of downloading from the original link. The bandwidth capacity on these free accounts is 2,000 (two-thousand) GB per every 24-hour-cycle. For a download that is 8GB big, that would be what? 250 people being able to download the item from the account per day? But if you properly import the item as shown above, to your OWN GoogleDrives, you will be able to bypass that limit!

Arrow  The files that are added immediately after an import (those that show up under the original owner's name) do NOT count toward the occupied filespace, on your GoogleDrive! After you make a copy, you can delete the file(s) with a different owner name than yours.

Arrow  Keep in mind that because of the previous point, you may need to free up filespace in your GoogleDrive, before you can "make a copy". In this example, "The Sims 4 - Seasons" is a little more than 6GB in filesize. Therefore you need to have that same amount of free space available, before you can make a copy...

Good luck!  pirat

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 10 Dec 2020, 23:39; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". [LAST UPDATED ON 05-04-2020] Empty Re: How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". [LAST UPDATED ON 05-04-2020]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Apr 2020, 21:26

So I have some good news, and some bad news.

The good news is that despite some recent changes to GoogleDrive, you can STILL use the trick with importing stuff to your own GoogleDrives!

The bad news is, that said changes make the procedure slightly more complex. And given the difficulties so many of you already had with the old procedure, it's  fair to assume  to be expected that this will mess up quite a few people.

I'm not sure what to make of this, but it looks like the change is aimed at curbing down on our "type of activities". My estimate is that it will only be a matter of time until GoogleDrive will become less and less use-able for these direct downloads. Until then, I suggest you people enjoy those direct downloads while they last. Or start saving up for a decent VPN.

Either way, guide updated with new instructions and screenshots. P.S. if anybody knows an easier/faster way of importing items, feel free to e-mail me. Thus far I haven't really found another way of doing it, according to these new changes.

danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top