Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Manual Patch - setup dectected no version of sims 3 is installed [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Manual Patch - setup dectected no version of sims 3 is installed [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Manual Patch - setup dectected no version of sims 3 is installed [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 01:37

Hi there, I would greatly appreciate any help.

I downloaded the base game from Origin.
I have the manual patch contents in a folder on my desktop, along with some expansion packs I downloaded from you guys. The Sims 3 base game is installed somewhere in my Program Files in an Origin folder. 

I tried applying the manual patch and got the error "the setup detected no version of sims 3 is installed".

I still proceeded to install Outdoor Living from you guys and though I couldn't get the patch to work, I realized it was appearing in my Sims 3 Launcher successfully. I then proceeded to install Late Night, but that wouldn't fully install because the installer couldn't find a setup file called Sims3EP03.exe. I went ahead and put in the crack according to the directions since outdoor living installed successfully,  but suddenly the Sims Launcher wouldn't open. 

I then reinstalled Sims 3 and Outdoor Living, skipped the patch and crack, and run the game. It worked. But I'd really like the other expansion packs and I get the same missing setup file for all the other expansion packs, Sims3EP0_.exe, where the blank "_" is another number. 

I'd love any help. Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Manual Patch - setup dectected no version of sims 3 is installed [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Manual Patch - setup dectected no version of sims 3 is installed [SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Tue 26 Jun 2018, 02:04

OK first off, which patch are you trying to install? Is it an incremental patch (i.e. 1.41 - 1.42) or the full patch. Have you tried patching the base game from within the Origin game launcher? Doing so through Origin will give you the latest 1.69 level patch.

As for the install error, you may have to re-download the EP(s) in question and then do the install.

Another option would be to download the base game and any EPs/SPs you want from us (or the Sims 3 Complete if your system can handle all of the EPs and SPs), uninstall the Origin version (making sure to backup any save games you want to keep) and installing the game again from our downloads.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Manual Patch - setup dectected no version of sims 3 is installed [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Manual Patch - setup dectected no version of sims 3 is installed [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 02:31

The patch name is "TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update" and I'm guessing it's full. It's a single file. And if patching through the Origin launcher means running it from the Origin folder containing the Sims 3 game, I did and got the same error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 02:31

How do I know if my system can handle Sims 3 Complete?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 26 Jun 2018, 06:27

fynniex wrote:The patch name is "TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update" and I'm guessing it's full. It's a single file. And if patching through the Origin launcher means running it from the Origin folder containing the Sims 3 game, I did and got the same error.

That is the full manual patch. You may want to redownload it again from the EA server just in case your copy is corrupted. Your Origin install of the base game may also have become corrupted which would cause Origin to error out on updating. Have you tried letting Origin repair the Sims 3 install?

fynniex wrote:How do I know if my system can handle Sims 3 Complete?

Take a look Here for the minimum specs needed. I run the complete game plus a slew of mods on a Win 7 system with a 3.9GHz dual core CPU, 8GB RAM and a 1GB GPU with no problems.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2018, 10:57

My issue is solved. The program I was using to unpack the RAR files wasn't working correctly and left out some files. It doesn't look like I needed the crack or patch. After installing, the game runs fine. 

Thank you for you help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 26 Jun 2018, 23:19

fynniex wrote:My issue is solved. The program I was using to unpack the RAR files wasn't working correctly and left out some files. It doesn't look like I needed the crack or patch. After installing, the game runs fine. 

Thank you for you help!

Glad to hear it. If you have any further issues please feel free to open a new topic.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top