Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance. Empty Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance.

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 17:34

Hi there, my sims 3(1.67) runs generaly acceptable (playing with everything at max) howerver when i move the camera the game framedrops drastically. some people says the game has a warning like "unknown graphics card" but i don't have that problem. is there something to fix this??

Back to top Go down

Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance. Empty Re: Nvidia GTX 1070 poor peformance.

Post by Dracos66 Thu 28 Jun 2018, 00:04

Can you be more specific, how much of a drop in frame rate are you getting? Are you using any mods that effect the camera settings? Any GFX mods?
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2018, 10:24

Dracos66 wrote:Can you be more specific, how much of a drop in frame rate are you getting? Are you using any mods that effect the camera settings? Any GFX mods?
there are no mods that would change graphics neither camera. And for the framedrop, please look at this video:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Thu 28 Jun 2018, 19:05

OK, I thought you meant the game's frame rate was dropping. That is normal for a small cliff lot like that, the camera will do those sudden drops when it hits sheer routing points. The is a mod that will help a lot with that. It's called "shimrodscamera155". I use it in all my Sims 3 setups.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2018, 19:51

Nonononon :DDD i do talk about frame drop the video has no shuttering, those all from game, in most of the places in the video it just looks like video stops but all of those are massive framedrops.
I dont belive that much framedrop is normal in nvidia gtx 1070, 16 gb ram.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 29 Jun 2018, 00:01

yomama wrote:Nonononon :DDD i do talk about frame drop the video has no shuttering, those all from game, in most of the places in the video it just looks like video stops but all of those are massive framedrops.
I dont belive that much framedrop is normal in nvidia gtx 1070, 16 gb ram.

From the video I really didn't notice a drop in frames per second, what I saw was the typical camera drop from sheer angles which does cause a slight stutter in frames per second without a camera angle fix mod. It's not your video card, just some "faulty" coding on EA's part.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 10:19

i made a better example video (fps counter is at bottom right)

it normaly runs with 60 or more fps (which my monitor cant do more than 60 but thats no problem) however when i move or rotate the camera fps drops.
also same fps drop happens in ultra speed even without moving the camera.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 11:04

The Sims 4 states about the GTX 1070
card 0x1b81 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
so it must be able to play the game at high settings.

Check the file Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Config.log
Scroll down a bit to === Graphics device onfo ===
Under Name (database) it should show the name of your card and {Found: 1, Supported:1]
When there are zero's instead of 1's, delete the file Config.log and restart your game.
Still zero's ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 11:27

yyep still zeros after deteing it WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 11:43

What is your highest (latest) installed DLC.
Maybe your file GraphicsCard.sgr is not updated.
You can download the one for version 1.44.83.1020 HERE

Go to your install folder The Sims 4 - Game - Bin and copy the downloaded GraphicsCard.sgr to the Bin-folder overwriting the existing file.
Then Delete Config.log again from your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and restart the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 12:30

i think you get it completely wrong this is about sims 3 i tought you misstyped when you said "The Sims 4\Config.log" so istead of that i checked The Sims 3\DeviceConfig.log

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2018, 17:56

@Dracos66 anything???
I tried it in lowest possible settings too it still runs realy bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2018, 13:11

Dracos66??? are you there??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2018, 14:09

I remember using 3Booter + FPSlimit on newer graphics cards. I know you have FPS drops but you know, Sims 3 magic, it's worth a try.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 Jul 2018, 15:26

@yomama, excessive frame rendering is a pervasive problem in The Sims 3, see here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21716-excessive-frame-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015

I would recommend changing the settings on your graphics driver.

Also google for "4GB patch", and apply it to the TS3W.exe under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. It should also help a little with your game performance.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 03 Jul 2018, 21:47

yomama wrote:@Dracos66 anything???

Can you post your video card settings? Most importantly I'd like to see driver version number, resolution and refresh rate. Also at what resolution are your playing the game at?

The_gh0stm4n wrote:@yomama, excessive frame rendering is a pervasive problem in The Sims 3, see here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21716-excessive-frame-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015

Also google for "4GB patch", and apply it to the TS3W.exe under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. It should also help a little with your game performance.

@The_gh0stm4n is right, the 4GB patch will help a little if you have more than 4GB of ram installed. Depending on how tech savvy you are there are a few other "tricks" we can try such as manually editing the game's video settings and/or changing the game's system access priority level.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2018, 13:17

Dracos66 wrote:
yomama wrote:@Dracos66 anything???

Can you post your video card settings? Most importantly I'd like to see driver version number, resolution and refresh rate. Also at what resolution are your playing the game at?

The_gh0stm4n wrote:@yomama, excessive frame rendering is a pervasive problem in The Sims 3, see here:

@The_gh0stm4n is right, the 4GB patch will help a little if you have  more than 4GB of ram installed. Depending on how tech savvy you are there are a few other "tricks" we can try such as manually editing the game's video settings and/or changing the game's system access priority level.
version is: 24.21.13.9836 and has refresh rate of 60hz, the 3d options for ts3w.exe in order is(all default):

1.automated
2.off
3.all
4.quality
5.off
6.yes
7.on
8.use 3d settings
9.in control of the software
10.on
11.optimum power
12.in control of the software
13.off
14.on
15.in control of the software
16.off
17.chose it automaticly
18.not supported
19.use 3d settings
21.off

(im giving them like this because my computer is in a diffirent language so it won't be realy usefull to give ss)

sadly it didn't help WhatDidUJustCallMe? ,thank you regardless
anadius1 wrote:I remember using 3Booter + FPSlimit on newer graphics cards. I know you have FPS drops but you know, Sims 3 magic, it's worth a try. 
im not sure if i did it right but it realy didnt change anything, but thank you regardless

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Thu 05 Jul 2018, 18:50

Which version of the driver are you using? MSI(1462 1227) or Clevo(1558 95E1)?

When was the last time you updated the video driver(s)?
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2018, 19:28

Download Nvidia Gefore Experience
make account
Play the Sims 4 via the picture of the Sims 4 in Experience
Your graphic card will be optimized for the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2018, 22:54

Dracos66 wrote:Which version of the driver are you using? MSI(1462 1227) or Clevo(1558 95E1)?

When was the last time you updated the video driver(s)?

what do you mean by version of driver? it only says "24.21.13.9836" though im using msi(zotac) motherboard so if thats what you mean yes i use msi, for date it says "24.6.2018" so not realy outdated.

//EDIT

Tarac wrote:Download Nvidia Gefore Experience
make account
Play the Sims 4 via the picture of the Sims 4 in Experience
Your graphic card will be optimized for the game.
uhmm.. its not sims 4 like i said before, its sims 3, and i did tried that with Geforce Experience before and it didn't change anything but thank you regardless.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Jul 2018, 00:45

yomama wrote:
what do you mean by version of driver? it only says "24.21.13.9836" though im using msi(zotac) motherboard so if thats what you mean yes i use msi, for date it says "24.6.2018" so not realy outdated.

So let's see...

=> you appear to have the latest drivers installed

=> you didn't mention it, but I assume you also tried using the 4GB patch I mentioned before, and also the "tweak" with the Vertical Sync, in the NVIDIA Control Panel? Edit: sorry, didn't see. You actually did mention it above.

=> plus the tweak with the GeForce Experience

The question I have now is, to what extent does the framedrop you experience, impact the gameplay negatively? Such, that the game is absolutely unplayable? Or is it more like a nuisance?

In case of the latter, I'm not sure what else to suggest, I'm sorry. I recall @Sim Architect once mentioning that having the game installed on an SSD drive (instead of the classic HDD) can also impact game performance positively. But apart from that, the game was never fully optimized, and some form of lagging will always be there I guess, regardless of how bada$$ one's gaming machine might be.

But of course, if someone else has a better idea, they are free to share it with us here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2018, 01:15

The game isnt on sdd actualy, and its actualy quite impossible for a casual fellow to play however i finished prototype (an old game) when the time that game came out with max 9 fps (it usualy played around 3-4) so you can say im am a bit patient when it comes to games in fact im just looking for ways around this, so far my rules are: 

do not follow a sim when they transporting.
do not turn or move the camera alot.
do not use the triple speed.

with these methods in place i usualy get 10 to 20 fps which is liveable.

though i guess i'll wait for sims 5 to be an decent game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Jul 2018, 02:41

yomama wrote:The game isnt on sdd actualy, and its actualy quite impossible for a casual fellow to play however i finished prototype (an old game) when the time that game came out with max 9 fps (it usualy played around 3-4) so you can say im am a bit patient when it comes to games in fact im just looking for ways around this, so far my rules are: 

do not follow a sim when they transporting.
do not turn or move the camera alot.
do not use the triple speed.

with these methods in place i usualy get 10 to 20 fps which is liveable.

though i guess i'll wait for sims 5 to be an decent game.

Are you experiencing problems like these, with other PC games that you may have installed, on that computer? If so, there is a (small?) alternative possibility of underlying hardware problems of sorts.

A few years ago, (shortly before my hard-drive passed out), literally everything was lagging heavily on my end. From the Windows boot-up, to The Sims 3, everything. Eventually I scrambled to back up as much as I could onto an external hard-drive. Ultimately I ended up simply buying a new HDD afterwards.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 06 Jul 2018, 03:27

I was thinking the same thing, it sounds like it could be a hardware issue. One way to check if its the HDD is to run chkdsk at startup and see if it reports any errors such as bad sectors and/or high file fragmentation.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2018, 10:07

No everything else runs perfectly fine. WhatDidUJustCallMe? so far i only had this problem with two games but the other game is an ancient game by programers with questionable programing skills. and the other game is sims 3 (which is also by programers with questionable programing skills).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top