Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 has stopped working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working Empty Sims 3 has stopped working

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2018, 17:24

Hi,
First, thank you for your cracks and everything, this community is huge and very helping.

I encouter a problem when I want to start my game, whenever I double click on the launcher or even on the TS3W.exe file, I immediatly get an error message saying " Sims 3 launcher (or Sims 3 only if starting from the ts3w) has stopped working, Windows is searching a solution to this problem ". 
Note that :
I have the origin based game, and two expansions from origin also (University and Island Paradise). What I did was to install the base game first, then install all the EP (cracked and not cracked) in the right order, so the last expansions I installed were University and Island Paradise. Then I replaced the files that needed to be replaced with the cracks. But I'm unable to start the game.
What did I do wrong ? Sorry english is not my native language and I'm not very smart with computers.

Thank you for your help.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working Empty Re: Sims 3 has stopped working

Post by Sim Architect Thu 26 Jul 2018, 20:50

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues. Try updating your operating system and video drivers.

Then, follow the steps 2, 4 and 5 of the guide linked below, but before that be sure you have at least one expansion newer than Generations installed:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Run the game as administrator. If the launcher does not work, try running the game itself directly, also as administrator.

Please let's know if it works.

Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4