Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims4 game has reset itself with new language

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims4 game has reset itself with new language Empty Sims4 game has reset itself with new language

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 19:09

I began to play my Sims 4 game as usual.. (downloaded via a link from Tarac which I think has now expired) .. the language has changed and I don't know how to change it back. The game also started up like it was a new installation with the tutorial etc and the unmodified resolution. so I can only guess my saved games have been lost too. I don't know why or how this has happened, I just ran the game as normal from the shortcut on my desktop.

Back to top Go down

Sims4 game has reset itself with new language Empty Re: Sims4 game has reset itself with new language

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 19:32

Did you do anything to "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder? Or "Documents\Electronic Arts", or "Documents"?

Back to top Go down

Sims4 game has reset itself with new language Empty Re: Sims4 game has reset itself with new language

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 19:49

Nothing at all. I just double clicked the game and started it up as normal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 20:03

Did you run any program between the time when all was there and the time it got reset, that could delete it? Any cleaning software or something?

I believe it's still on the same Windows installation, right? You didn't reinstall it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 09:20

Same windows installation and no other programs run. I literally use that pc for the sims only - it’s the only thing I run on there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 10:40

No idea then. Just a tip for the future: backup your "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder at least once a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 11:40

xllmtx wrote:I began to play my Sims 4 game as usual.. (downloaded via a link from Tarac which I think has now expired) .. the language has changed and I don't know how to change it back. The game also started up like it was a new installation with the tutorial etc and the unmodified resolution. so I can only guess my saved games have been lost too. I don't know why or how this has happened, I just ran the game as normal from the shortcut on my desktop.
Every language has its own folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\
For english it is The Sims 4, spanish Los Sims 4, German Die Sims 4, French Les Sims 4

When it changed language and you don't have from My First Pet onwards, that language is decided on the settings of the file RldOrigin.ini in your install folder\Game\Bin, irrespective of the settings in the Language changer.
The language settings in RldOrigin.ini override all other language settings.

From My First Pet onwards you can use the Language-changer as RldOrigin.ini is no longer in use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 11:59

Oh, forgot about that.

To change language you can try my small tool which works both for Reloaded and Codex cracks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 20:34

Thank you. Is there a way I can add seasons to my game now over the crack I had from Tarac? Here is my folder, where do I go to change the game to English? Thanks

Sims4 game has reset itself with new language P61oObhhwQ5VAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2018, 09:02

The folders you showed are NOT your installation folder.
Look somewhere in Program Files (x86).
Language change: see HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2018, 15:35

I'm not having any luck with this, so if somebody can close the topic I will start a new one for a link to download the full sims 4 pack. Thanks for your help

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top