Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinite Loading Screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite Loading Screen Empty Infinite Loading Screen

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2018, 18:38

What the title says: I have a green loading bar when trying to open a neighborhood and it is stuck at what is essentially 90%. I have never played before so I have no saves. I downloaded all the DLC.
I went through dozens of pages looking for a fix that works, and none have so far.

I have: 
Uninstalled and reinstalled all of the DLC.
No mods.
Installed the 'Ultimate Fix' or whatever it was called and followed the instructions to the letter.
Turned off interactive loading screens.
Renamed the documents/electronic arts/the sims 3 file.
Lowered the resolution. 
Deleted the scriptCache.package file.
Waited for an hour and a half while screaming internally. 

It may be noteworthy that I downloaded the game is 32 bit when I have a 64 bit computer, I don't know if that would affect it. (God please don't let this be the issue I really don't want to download all of this again)

Back to top Go down

Infinite Loading Screen Empty Re: Infinite Loading Screen

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Jul 2018, 22:48

Mousie87 wrote:It may be noteworthy that I downloaded the game is 32 bit when I have a 64 bit computer, I don't know if that would affect it. (God please don't let this be the issue I really don't want to download all of this again)

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

There is no 64-bit version of The Sims 3. I can't really suggest much else at this point, other than trying to re-apply the 1.67 manual patch and the (1.67) version of the Ultimate Fix.

Would you also share your computer's hardware specifications with us, as they could give further clues? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 05:37

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Mousie87 wrote:It may be noteworthy that I downloaded the game is 32 bit when I have a 64 bit computer, I don't know if that would affect it. (God please don't let this be the issue I really don't want to download all of this again)

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

There is no 64-bit version of The Sims 3. I can't really suggest much else at this point, other than trying to re-apply the 1.67 manual patch and the (1.67) version of the Ultimate Fix.

Would you also share your computer's hardware specifications with us, as they could give further clues? Smile
Ah I thought that was the case, but I couldn't remember exactly. I got it a while ago but couldn't be bothered to set it up until recently.
And what does that mean? Sorry, I'm really new to this. 
i think my graphics card is intel hd graphics 4400? that's kind of all i know.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Jul 2018, 20:12

Mousie87 wrote:Ah I thought that was the case, but I couldn't remember exactly. I got it a while ago but couldn't be bothered to set it up until recently.

Was that laptop (I assume it's a laptop, because mostly it is) expensive?

If it wasn't expensive, that Intel HD card would indicate a standard laptop - to use a neutral expression - and those devices are not made for gaming purposes. Expensive laptops on the other hand often have two graphics devices: an Intel HD and a 'stronger' one for more elaborate purposes.

If nothing works, you'll have to consider uninstalling some of the expansions/stuffpacks. There is third-party software that can help you with that, such as Your Uninstaller Pro, available on G4TW as well:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/downloads-f1/where-to-find-games4theworld-downloads-t53.htm

I can't tell how much you will have to un-install. Maybe it is easier though to start with a "clean slate" at some point, when you find the time/energy. Then progressively re-install The Sims 3. Start with the base game, apply the 1.67 manual patch, then install one (1!!!) DLC, and finally apply the Ultimate Fix. 

After installing a DLC that way, start the game. Does it load, and allow you to play decently? If so, then try adding another DLC and so forth. And try the game again. No need to re-apply the Ultimate Fix/Manual Patch though.

Do this to see how much your computer can handle.

Maybe someone else has a better idea; my advice would be though if you can, that you save up for a (half-) decent desktop PC at some point. If you are not into assembling your own PC, then there are good pre-built systems for ~500 Euros, where I live at least. Good luck, either way you choose to go!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2018, 21:53

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Mousie87 wrote:Ah I thought that was the case, but I couldn't remember exactly. I got it a while ago but couldn't be bothered to set it up until recently.

Was that laptop (I assume it's a laptop, because mostly it is) expensive?

If it wasn't expensive, that Intel HD card would indicate a standard laptop - to use a neutral expression - and those devices are not made for gaming purposes. Expensive laptops on the other hand often have two graphics devices: an Intel HD and a 'stronger' one for more elaborate purposes.

If nothing works, you'll have to consider uninstalling some of the expansions/stuffpacks. There is third-party software that can help you with that, such as Your Uninstaller Pro, available on G4TW as well:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/downloads-f1/where-to-find-games4theworld-downloads-t53.htm

I can't tell how much you will have to un-install. Maybe it is easier though to start with a "clean slate" at some point, when you find the time/energy. Then progressively re-install The Sims 3. Start with the base game, apply the 1.67 manual patch, then install one (1!!!) DLC, and finally apply the Ultimate Fix. 

After installing a DLC that way, start the game. Does it load, and allow you to play decently? If so, then try adding another DLC and so forth. And try the game again. No need to re-apply the Ultimate Fix/Manual Patch though.

Do this to see how much your computer can handle.

Maybe someone else has a better idea; my advice would be though if you can, that you save up for a (half-) decent desktop PC at some point. If you are not into assembling your own PC, then there are good pre-built systems for ~500 Euros, where I live at least. Good luck, either way you choose to go!
ah, i don't know, it was a gift. chances are it is, because my family's not exactly wealthy. 
but it's alright! got a workin sims 4 from pirate bay so i've been playin that for the last two days straight.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 Jul 2018, 15:20

Mousie87 wrote:ah, i don't know, it was a gift. chances are it is, because my family's not exactly wealthy. 
but it's alright! got a workin sims 4 from pirate bay so i've been playin that for the last two days straight.

I myself still prefer The Sims 3.  Haters gonna hate

Was there anything else we could help you with, or can we mark the thread as (kind of) "solved"?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top