Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 CAS Black-out Bug

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 CAS Black-out Bug Empty Sims 3 CAS Black-out Bug

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2018, 15:16

I got the game up and running, and went into CAS, everything was fine. I was taking my time, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary until when i clicked on a different hair option, it wouldn't change it. It would show the new choice highlighted, but would not update on the sim. So I tried to go back to outfit selection, and the normally blue box around the options turned flat black, and the buttons for different options were invisible unless I hovered over them. Once again, clicking on a box would not change the sim I was creating, and my choices for that option I'd previously chosen were not even highlighted.

I have yet to install any mods or packages. I have them downloaded in droves but wanted to make sure my computer could handle the game first.

Perhaps if I were to go through the process more quickly, it wouldn't do that... but I'm concerned this is less a problem with my machine. If anyone has any insight, please let me know! Thank you for your time.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 CAS Black-out Bug Empty Re: Sims 3 CAS Black-out Bug

Post by Guest Fri 03 Aug 2018, 19:32

Ok, so, I opened the game a second time, and this time it just shut the entire game off in the middle of CAS.

So I did some digging in the forums for similar problems again, and decided it wouldn't hurt to try some of the fixes from there. I opened the game as administrator---I played for hours afterward. This is apparently one of those easy fixes. Hope if anyone else has this issue, this works for them as well.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top