I get redirected to adfly when I try to go onto my profile. Do I have a virus? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I get redirected to adfly when I try to go onto my profile. Do I have a virus? [SOLVED]

Post by SimLover93 on Wed 08 Aug 2018, 14:03

When I try to click on my "Welcome username" or my notifications in the top right corner I get instantly redirected to a a blue page with a bee on it ad.fly and it says "sorry request page not found!" and the url is "http://clearload.bid/rweasy/-57833HZAG/14536629/_e?rndad=2606a000f100360074fdc0a49416923-1533728779"  and if I push the go back option it sends me somewhere else. Plus I get popups now informing me I have a virus and to call a number which I exit out of but its really annoying and worrying me.  Is it a virus? because no antivirus or notices anything. And I only downloaded things from this site which brings me to adfly and I just read an article that said that adfly is an adware and will cause damage to our computers... I'm very worried and I dont know what to do.
SimLover93
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I get redirected to adfly when I try to go onto my profile. Do I have a virus? [SOLVED]

Post by SimLover93 on Wed 08 Aug 2018, 14:17

oh oops.. I'm sorry. I CAN log in... but I cant access my profile or notifications.   I'm sorry I didn't follow that rule I wasn't sure where to post it.
SimLover93
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I get redirected to adfly when I try to go onto my profile. Do I have a virus? [SOLVED]

Post by behensks on Wed 08 Aug 2018, 18:32

I'm also having problems. I can't get into my notifications on the home page either. For the last two or three days every time I click on notifications at the top right corner I get redirected to an Adfly page that says the page could not be found. I am logged on. I can see my notifications through the link that is sent to my email.

behensks
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : TS3 TS4

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 08 Aug 2018, 19:20

//MOVED

My apologies on behalf of the team for the nuisance,

This is caused by a Javascript that ~Ann~ is using for monetization of the Forum, and no, of course the ad-fly is not supposed to show up when clicking on the profile and "Notifications" in the top right corner of the Forum.

Until we know what's going on and we can fix it, I've added some CSS tweaks that make these buttons un-clickable (the property pointer-events: none in CSS). Should be good enough for a temporary fix.

If you want to access your profiles (and notifications) you can still do so by using the button on the other toolbar here:

New users can use the button here, in order to get to the registration form:

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by behensks on Wed 08 Aug 2018, 19:25

Thanks for the fast response and the temp fix.

behensks
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : TS3 TS4

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 09 Aug 2018, 21:55

We have (temporarily?) disabled the old Javascript, so everything is working again normally! Later down the road we will consider using a different Javascript though - that will hopefully work better...

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 06:58

We did not disable it yet, but we are looking at another option.

to Games4theworld

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 25 Aug 2018, 01:00

The issue seems resolved! We are using a different Javascript now, which doesn't affect the Notifications/Profile and "Share" buttons at the top.

Have fun! Problem solved, topic closed.

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum