Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 corrupted file after leeching from the torrent

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 corrupted file after leeching from the torrent Empty Sims 3 corrupted file after leeching from the torrent

Post by Guest Tue 28 Aug 2018, 15:41

So I always get the same error after I try to extract the Sims 3 complete pack, as you can see from this screenshot. I already tried to recheck the file, I downloaded from a repack - but I always get the same error. I also tried running ccleaner before starting the installation.

Sims 3 corrupted file after leeching from the torrent 558cd1fdb6

(sorry that its in german, but it basically says that the file FullBuild0.package is damaged)
Is there anything else I can do? Any help would be appreciated

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 corrupted file after leeching from the torrent Empty Re: Sims 3 corrupted file after leeching from the torrent

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Aug 2018, 19:21

Hello,

Your topic title says you "leeched" the torrent. Are you positive that you actually got this torrent, from G4TW?

Also may I ask which torrent client you used?

I think WinRAR has an option to bypass error messages like that. I'm thinking that maybe applying the 1.67 manual patch (which you need to do anyway) could fix some of these - then - damaged files. But I admit that is a very long shot, and you should wait for a secondary opinion, like from @Dracos66.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 corrupted file after leeching from the torrent Empty Re: Sims 3 corrupted file after leeching from the torrent

Post by Guest Tue 28 Aug 2018, 21:18

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello,

Your topic title says you "leeched" the torrent. Are you positive that you actually got this torrent, from G4TW?

Also may I ask which torrent client you used?

I think WinRAR has an option to bypass error messages like that. I'm thinking that maybe applying the 1.67 manual patch (which you need to do anyway) could fix some of these - then - damaged files. But I admit that is a very long shot, and you should wait for a secondary opinion, like from @Dracos66.

I specifically downloaded it from this sites section, but I still had that error
If I skip the error while extracting it from winrar, there is an error which says that I should insert the installation disc because FullBuild0 is missing

Another question: I own a legit copy of Sims3 on Origin, is it possible to install the extensions of the Complete Edition with this crack too? Since I only have the corruption error with the base game, could this possibly work, or am I wrong?

Thanks for your support  Cookie from Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Wed 29 Aug 2018, 02:46

lowkeylow wrote:So I always get the same error after I try to extract the Sims 3 complete pack, as you can see from this screenshot. I already tried to recheck the file, I downloaded from a repack - but I always get the same error. I also tried running ccleaner before starting the installation.

Sims 3 corrupted file after leeching from the torrent 558cd1fdb6

(sorry that its in german, but it basically says that the file FullBuild0.package is damaged)
Is there anything else I can do? Any help would be appreciated

Your best bet is going to be re-downloading the base game. The file was probably corrupted during the download process as sometimes happens.

One thing you can try before re-downloading the base game, if you still have the file(s), would be to let WinRAR try to repair the corrupted file(s). To do so, if you don't already know how to, open the file with WinRAR and select the Repair (Reparatur) option. Depending on whether or not the repair bit was set on the RAR file(s), and what percentage (3% is the default) it was set to, this often fixes the issue (about 60% of the time in my experience).
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Aug 2018, 15:56

I was thinking about that weird option, when you open a .rar in WinRAR, and then click on "Extract to".

Sims 3 corrupted file after leeching from the torrent UDxLtdHLRcuE7S25OzhrsA

Then tick the box "keep broken files". I think it should bypass errors like the above. Then again...even if you manage to extract the stuff with this option, you may end up with more errors when it comes to actually installing these games.

If you want all Sims 3 expansions and stuffpacks anyhow, we also have a newer repack here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33217-the-sims-3-complete-collection-g4tw-repack

It is smaller in overall size, and it contains a modified installer (you cannot choose what EPs/SPs to install, as this thing installs ALL DLC). Maybe you want to give this a shot, if you really need to re-download.

P.S. also try using a different torrent client for re-downloading, than the one you used initially. I myself use QBittorrent. Tixati is another recommended client, in tech-savvy circles. What a Face   Utorrent...let's say I stopped using it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top