Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you show me the step-by-step of installing?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can you show me the step-by-step of installing? - Page 2 Empty Can you show me the step-by-step of installing?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2018, 20:55

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

Im sorry but im new here and currently im downloading the game based from the link https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#.

Currently Im done in Step #2 and about to go to Step #3, however, Im not sure how will I proceed. After I download the "The Sims 4: Get to Work" expansion pack(not sure if this is a rar file that needs to be extracted as well), lets say it needs to be extracted, to which folder should it be saved/extracted? Should it be go to C:\Program Files\? Or C:\Users\(your username)\Downloads\?

Next, lets say it is extracted in any of the two path, does it have a setup.exe file that should be clicked? And then, install it to what folder?

Sorry but im not very good at picking up instruction to the point that after I clicked a file, i dont know what the next step is, like where should I install it, which folder is it, something like that. Sorry for being ignorance at this. WhatDidUJustCallMe? Why. Crying or Very sad An images/preview(after clicking a certain file) will help me to understand the steps. Thank you and sorry for inconvenience.

Back to top Go down

Can you show me the step-by-step of installing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you show me the step-by-step of installing?

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 03:16

anadius1 wrote:Yup, that's correct.

But as I said before, download "_setup.exe" and some small DLC first to test if my installer works or you get the same error like with G4TW installer.
Hey, my installation went through and now Im installing update(I have to hold off the guides you provided, I'll try to stick for the main guide with 19 steps for now and see)

So i successfully installed the Get-to-Work pack, and now installing Get together pack. However at first, even though I already put the said directory in the exception list of my Anti-virus, is still being detected so what I did is to restore it. 

Can you show me the step-by-step of installing? - Page 2 Asd11

So after installing/replacing the Get together pack and about to run the game, I got an error "Unable To Start: Origin is currently not running". Did some searching about the error and I saw Tarac guide.

Can you show me the step-by-step of installing? - Page 2 Asd12

1. I dont know what is this "Origin" is, but all I know is I dont have any Sims games running at all.
2. As you can see on the 1st image, my game is saved on C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
3. I've restored the RldOrigin.dll from my anti-virus(see my 1st image again, its in there)
4. Haven't done it. Promise.

But looking on Reason 2, does this mean I have  The Sims 4 folder to move out of Electronic Arts folder, like I should move it to C:\Program Files (x86)? Please confirm. Because based on the guide, moving it out is the last step(step #17). So just wondering why moving it out so early.

Last edited by clyde049 on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 03:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CLARIFICATION)

Back to top Go down

Can you show me the step-by-step of installing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you show me the step-by-step of installing?

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 09:18

Yes, move it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" or "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 18:06

anadius1 wrote:Yes, move it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" or "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4".
Alright, I moved it and it works. So now, I'll continue to download the remaining DLCs. 

I'll let you know if some issues arise again(Im actually testing the game after I installed the one DLC, that's fine right? LOL).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 18:15

clyde049 wrote:
anadius1 wrote:Yes, move it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" or "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4".
Alright, I moved it and it works. So now, I'll continue to download the remaining DLCs. 

I'll let you know if some issues arise again(Im actually testing the game after I installed the one DLC, that's fine right? LOL).
If you have not downloaded the other DLC's as yet, you might as well download the all-in-one version 1.46.18.1020.
Then you have all DLC's available as yet, from Basegame upto and incl. Seasons 1.46.18.1020. see HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 18:23

Tarac wrote:
clyde049 wrote:

If you have not downloaded the other DLC's as yet, you might as well download the all-in-one version 1.46.18.1020.
Then you have all DLC's available as yet, from Basegame upto and incl. Seasons 1.46.18.1020. see HERE
Im having a second thought about doing it before I sleep as it might not fit to it and a waste of time.

If I download that all-in-one version, is that compatible to the TS4 I installed earlier?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 18:27

clyde049 wrote:
Tarac wrote:
clyde049 wrote:

Im having a second thought about doing it before I sleep as it might not fit to it and a waste of time.

If I download that all-in-one version, is that compatible to the TS4 I installed earlier?
Yes 100%
Download the all-in-one
Delete the present folder Game from your install folder f.e. C:\Program Files\The Sims 4
Open the downloaded  .iso by rightclicking on the iso and select Open with .. Explorer and copy all folders to the folder you used sofar for the installation of the Sims 4 f.e. C:\Program Files\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 18:42

Tarac wrote:Yes 100%
Download the all-in-one
Delete the present folder Game from your install folder f.e. C:\Program Files\The Sims 4
Open the downloaded  .iso by rightclicking on the iso and select Open with .. Explorer and copy all folders to the folder you used sofar for the installation of the Sims 4 f.e. C:\Program Files\The Sims 4

Im not sure but I think I read on the other thread that in order to play the game the .iso file needs to be like inserted in Daemon tool. And then when the window updates suddenly it will disappear and there's a work around for that.

Just wondering, If I downloaded the all-in-one version, can I just copy the DLCs I dont have and paste it to the current TS4 I have? Wont it corrupt some files? 
Or do I need to uninstall it first and use the installer in the all-in-one version and have a new one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 19:07

I'll try to make it clear.

Every The Sims 4 cracked version you can find is compatible with each other. After installation they take the same amount of space on your computer. The only thing that differs is how much you need to download.

Almost every release/repack out there is all-in-one. Official CODEX release (27,2GB; this one is English only so you need language strings), FitGirl repack (17,9GB), CorePack repack (18GB), both all-in-one's provided here on forum by Tarac and Sim Architect (29GB).

When there's a new DLC, you have to download them all over again.

Here comes the G4TW. Their updates are much smaller than downloading everything all over again. There's just one downside: total weight as for now is about 61GB. So they're excellent for updating the game but a bit worse when it comes to keeping installers on computer. But users got used to this form and it's going to stay.

And then comes my repack. When there's a new DLC your download is similar to G4TW releases. But it weights in total just 19,7GB. And it's the only repack that lets you download DLCs of your choice.

Installation for CODEX, FirGirl, Corepack, G4TW base game, my repack: installer provided inside.

Installation for Tarac's and Sim's all-in-ones and for the rest of G4TW releases: extract archive or mount .iso and then copy files.

Last edited by anadius on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 15:41; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add links)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2018, 19:36

anadius1 wrote:I'll try to make it clear.

Every The Sims 4 cracked version you can find is compatible with each other. After installation they take the same amount of space on your computer. The only thing that differs is how much you need to download.

Almost every release/repack out there is all-in-one. Official CODEX release (27,2GB; this one is English only so you need language strings), FitGirl repack (17,9GB), CorePack repack (18GB), both all-in-one's provided here on forum by Tarac and Sim Architect (29GB).

When there's a new DLC, you have to download them all over again.

Here comes the G4TW. Their updates are much smaller than downloading everything all over again. There's just one downside: total weight as for now is about 61GB. So they're excellent for updating the game but a bit worse when it comes to keeping installers on computer. But users got used to this form and it's going to stay.

And then comes my repack. When there's a new DLC your download is similar to G4TW releases. But it weights in total just 19,7GB. And it's the only repack that lets you download DLCs of your choice.

Installation for CODEX, FirGirl, Corepack, G4TW base game, my repack: installer provided inside.

Installation for Tarac's and Sim's all-in-ones and for the rest of G4TW releases: extract or mount .iso and then copy files.
Thank you for this one! I did get some and didn't some(sorry Im slow in picking up as usual) but I will try look at it by doing it hands-on.  Carlos is tha man!!!

I'll keep you posted guys whenever I encounter an issue upon installing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2018, 06:53

So far so good until Laundry stuff DLC. I haven't encountered any issue. Yipeee!

Currently downloading Jungle Adventures. Hammertime

I can start playing right while downloading the rest of the DLCs? I mean my game saved wont be deleted everytime I install new DLCs? Literally cant wait to plaaaay. :$

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2018, 09:16

No, they won't. Just don't use mods until you've got your game up to date just to be safe. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2018, 09:57

anadius1 wrote:No, they won't. Just don't use mods until you've got your game up to date just to be safe. Wink
Yaaaaaz! Thank you! My hands are itching already. Good thing i can play now and I dont use mods at all(because I dont even know them at all LOL IAmSoHappyEmergahwd ).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Sep 2018, 00:27

UPDATE! I successfully installed all DLCs now and I can play really smooth, It just take some time to load maybe because I have a very few spaces left in my C Drive or my laptop is sooooo outdated. Hahaha!

BTW, let say there's a new update, I shall download the "new update" rar file only and install like add it up or should I re-download every single DLCs again up to the latest? Just a clarification for the last time. Peace!

Thank you so much The_gh0stm4n, Tarac, and anadius1 for patiently guiding me on installing the TS4. Can't say much but truthfully I'm very thankful to you guys!  :hailhotcarlos:Thumbs up!  Good job!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Sep 2018, 00:39

Just the new update/DLC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2018, 11:29

Hi guys,
I know this question has probably already been answered, but is there somewhere on the site where I can see a list of all the updates and patches.  I want to be able to check off the ones I have already downloaded and only download the ones I need. I believe the last one I have is  updated version 1.20.60.1020; I need from Pets onward.  Thanks guys for any help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2018, 11:38

At the top of this forum there's "All Games4theworld downloads" button. Just download from Cats & Dogs onward but get update 1.46 instead of one listed there

You could also take a look at my repack which is significantly smaller. For you it will be 6.26GB from my repack vs 32GB using G4TW releases.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2018, 23:56

anadius wrote:At the top of this forum there's "All Games4theworld downloads" button. Just download from Cats & Dogs onward but get update 1.46 instead of one listed there

You could also take a look at my repack which is significantly smaller. For you it will be 6.26GB from my repack vs 32GB using G4TW releases.

Thanks much. I appreciate your response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top