Sims 3 menu delay with store content

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by lolabear23 on Wed 05 Sep 2018, 02:12

I used to have  my game with store content but didn't work but it never had caused a delay when I click on my sims normally now when I install the store content and I go into the game it would have a 5 sec delay and its annoying I  been trying everything and it just wont work I miss playing sims with no lag that's the only lag in my game I even try a new folder its gone but when I try to put store content in it comes back and its really annoying please help

lolabear23
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3

Posts : 10
Points : 204
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 05 Sep 2018, 18:20

@lolabear23 wrote:I used to have  my game with store content but didn't work but it never had caused a delay when I click on my sims normally now when I install the store content and I go into the game it would have a 5 sec delay and its annoying I  been trying everything and it just wont work I miss playing sims with no lag that's the only lag in my game I even try a new folder its gone but when I try to put store content in it comes back and its really annoying please help


Welcome to the Forum,

Are you playing on a laptop computer, or a desktop computer? Note that laptops are generally NOT made for "gaming purposes"; and you'd have to purchase a very expensive laptop model either way.

Can you tell us the technical specs of your computer (GHz, RAM, etc.)? Do you know if your Windows is a 32-bit or 64-bit version? Also note that the more content you add to any Sims game, the more load it will be for your computer. Try lowering down your graphics settings, maybe that can also help a little.

Carlos is tha man

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Training AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17170
Points : 23152
Reputation : 2541
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by lolabear23 on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 02:20

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@lolabear23 wrote:I used to have  my game with store content but didn't work but it never had caused a delay when I click on my sims normally now when I install the store content and I go into the game it would have a 5 sec delay and its annoying I  been trying everything and it just wont work I miss playing sims with no lag that's the only lag in my game I even try a new folder its gone but when I try to put store content in it comes back and its really annoying please help


Welcome to the Forum,

Are you playing on a laptop computer, or a desktop computer? Note that laptops are generally NOT made for "gaming purposes"; and you'd have to purchase a very expensive laptop model either way.

Can you tell us the technical specs of your computer (GHz, RAM, etc.)? Do you know if your Windows is a 32-bit or 64-bit version? Also note that the more content you add to any Sims game, the more load it will be for your computer. Try lowering down your graphics settings, maybe that can also help a little.

Carlos is tha man
Thank you for replaying your the only one that has replied but yeah im playing on am laptop because it portable. I'm currently on windows 64-bit my processor is Intel(r) Core(tm) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50Ghz 2.71 GHz my ram 12.0 GB I have 11.9 GB usable

lolabear23
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3

Posts : 10
Points : 204
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by lolabear23 on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 02:22

ANd I will try  to lower my graphic settings

lolabear23
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3

Posts : 10
Points : 204
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 20:03

@lolabear23 wrote:ANd I will try  to lower my graphic settings


The specs look good enough. Smile  Are you playing any other games besides The Sims 3, on that laptop? If yes, are you experiencing similar issues with these other games too?

Also google for the "4 GB patch", and download it. Double-click on the patch and navigate to your TS3W.exe, normally under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Select this file and wait for the message "executable successfully patched". Close the 4GB patch then; this should also help improve your overall game performance a bit.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Training AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17170
Points : 23152
Reputation : 2541
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by lolabear23 on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 23:02

Ok so I did lower my graphics settings but it didn't work then I did see that I can download the 4gb patch but in my sims 3 folder I installed it to t3w only I don't see t3w exe

lolabear23
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3

Posts : 10
Points : 204
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by lolabear23 on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 23:04

And also I actually do have other games like my sims 4 game did the same that's why I stopped playing it but I really liked sims 3 anyways but i'm just so upset it don't work

lolabear23
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3

Posts : 10
Points : 204
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 15:30

@lolabear23 wrote:Ok so I did lower my graphics settings but it didn't work then I did see that I can download the 4gb patch but in my sims 3 folder I installed it to t3w only I don't see t3w exe


Are you playing an Origin or ZLOrigin-version of The Sims 3, by chance? Other than that, there should be a TS3W.exe, under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Training AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17170
Points : 23152
Reputation : 2541
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by lolabear23 on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 17:37

No I got my sims from the pirate bay but I don't see a file in the bin named that

lolabear23
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3

Posts : 10
Points : 204
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by lolabear23 on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 19:08

Is it because I have all the expansion pack ?

lolabear23
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3

Posts : 10
Points : 204
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by Dracos66 on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 07:47

@lolabear23 wrote:No I got my sims from the pirate bay but I don't see a file in the bin named that

@lolabear23 wrote:Is it because I have all the expansion pack ?

The issue is probably the release of the game you got from PB. If the release is not from us, or any of the "legit" crews/groups, it may be a "junk" release that's missing all of the correct install files.

My suggestion would be to uninstall the game that you have, reboot your system and then download and install our Sims3 Complete Collection.

Make sure to follow the included instructions and you'll be playing The Sims3 in no time at all.

Also, since you have 12GB of RAM, do as @The_gh0stm4n suggested and download/install the 4GB Patch. You'll notice a slight improvement in loading times.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW Super Moderator
Command Sergeant Major
G4TW Super Moderator Command Sergeant Major

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Posts : 768
Points : 3856
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2011-05-02
Location : Somewhere between lost and found

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by lolabear23 on Mon 10 Sep 2018, 00:21

Thanks I literally did what you said and I spent all day trying and I added my store content in it does the same thing at this point im ready to stop playing sims its making me so annoyed like I spend a whole day trying to fix it and it just wont work I don't know what to do

lolabear23
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3

Posts : 10
Points : 204
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 10 Sep 2018, 17:22

@lolabear23 wrote:Thanks I literally did what you said and I spent all day trying and I added my store content in it does the same thing at this point im ready to stop playing sims its making me so annoyed like I spend a whole day trying to fix it and it just wont work I don't know what to do


Keep in mind (in addition to what I hinted above, about laptops and gaming performance), that The Sims 3 is not optimally programmed. Never was. 

If it's an option for you, consider un-installing expansions or stuffpacks that you don't care about. That can also help improve performance.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Training AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17170
Points : 23152
Reputation : 2541
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by lolabear23 on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 01:30

I uninstall islands paradise but it still happens the delay lag when I click on my sims and this only happens because of my store content and store fixes is their any reasons why like its not updated or its doesn't go with my game versions I'm currently on 1.6.7.2

lolabear23
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3

Posts : 10
Points : 204
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 16:07

@lolabear23 wrote:(...) and this only happens because of my store content and store fixes is their any reasons why like its not updated or its doesn't go with my game versions I'm currently on 1.6.7.2

I can assure you, that I have the exact same complete store collection, plus the exact same store fixes, but nomne of your issues. Though I admit I have what at least some people would call a strong-ish desktop computer (AMD FX-8350, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti). 

Try and open the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and delete the following files: CASPartCache.package, scriptCache.package, compositorCache.package, and simCompositorCache.package.

Other than that, I can only emphasize again the poor optimization of The Sims 3. If you like, try un-installing some of the stuffpacks as well (the minor DLC). Having all EP/SPs plus the entire store content does demand a lot of hardware power, and again. Laptops are still generally not made for gaming purposes, even if in some cases (like yours), the specs look good on paper.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Training AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17170
Points : 23152
Reputation : 2541
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by lolabear23 on Mon 17 Sep 2018, 23:06

I tried it and it helps a little bit but its still a lot of delay does its have to do with my cc like I have a lot of sims 3 pack in my game is there anyway I can have a better playing game with all my store content and cc

lolabear23
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 3

Posts : 10
Points : 204
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 menu delay with store content

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 27 Sep 2018, 20:59

@lolabear23 wrote:I tried it and it helps a little bit but its still a lot of delay does its have to do with my cc like I have a lot of sims 3 pack in my game is there anyway I can have a better playing game with all my store content and cc


Sorry for the belated reply,

Do you still need help with this? Do you also have lots of individual .package file custom content? If yes, it can be an idea to merge them:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t3840-combining-cc-in-package-format-updated-28-june-13

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Training AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17170
Points : 23152
Reputation : 2541
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum