Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, Auto Run problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, Auto Run problem.

Post by ivypoison255 on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 23:05

I downloaded the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection a while ago, just recently unzipped the rar file and tried to install the games. I go to Sims 2 Double Deluxe and click Auto Run. the pop up comes up with yes or no and I click yes, but I never get the install function. I've deleted, reunzipped the file many times, restarted my computer. I can't figure out why it won't work.

ivypoison255
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, Auto Run problem.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 20:43

@ivypoison255 wrote:I downloaded the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection a while ago, just recently unzipped the rar file and tried to install the games. I go to Sims 2 Double Deluxe and click Auto Run. the pop up comes up with yes or no and I click yes, but I never get the install function. I've deleted, reunzipped the file many times, restarted my computer. I can't figure out why it won't work.

Hello,

If you still have the torrent running as seeding in your torrent client, look for an option "force re-check", which will verify the integrity of your download and then attempt to re-download broken files if needed. Then try re-extracting again with WinRAR (!).

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DomesticGoddess on Wed 12 Sep 2018, 20:04

I'm having the same problem but with Bon Voyage. It gets all the way to the end and checks for the install updates and then it says it can't finish and terminates. It's getting very frustrating.

DomesticGoddess
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 12 Sep 2018, 23:52

@DomesticGoddess wrote:I'm having the same problem but with Bon Voyage. It gets all the way to the end and checks for the install updates and then it says it can't finish and terminates. It's getting very frustrating.

Things to add, to my above suggestion:

1) if you haven't done so yet, move the installation files (= the stuff that you extracted from the .rar archive), to a different location on your hard-drive, and try re-starting the installation from there.

2) some users also reported that in the event of "hiccups" like that - to use a friendly term - they aborted the installation of that DLC, and continued with the next DLC in the list, mentioned in the install guide. When they finished and succeeded that way, they said they went back to the previously non-working DLC, and tried again. And it worked.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum