Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game "required game date is missing or damaged". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game "required game date is missing or damaged". [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start game "required game date is missing or damaged". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 14:13

I think I made a mistake and need some help now fixing it Why.

I moved the The Sims 4 folder from program files to another place which should've worked without any issues. But I forgot to add the new location to my Antivirus program, so I think it messed something up because when I try to start the game I just get this error:

Unable to start game "required game date is missing or damaged". [SOLVED] 6PzgUKk

I don't have the newest 1.44.88 patch yet, so everything up to and including Seasons was installed (game version 1.44.83). And the game worked before I moved the folder and I didn't change anything else afaik.

I found an older thread but wasn't sure if I can try the method there or if it's outdated.

Any help?  Wat.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game "required game date is missing or damaged". [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game "required game date is missing or damaged". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 15:30

That's not the error you get when anti-virus blocks the crack. Run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game "required game date is missing or damaged". [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game "required game date is missing or damaged". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 16:40

Guess I accidentally messed something up then  Why.  

I used the validator and got this result:

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 16:52

Alright, this should be easy. Delete "Game_" folder, apply My First Pet Stuff, Seasons and Update 1.46. Don't delete "Game" folder when applying update! Just overwrite files. That should be it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 17:11

Update 1.46 is the newest patch 1.44.88?

Thanks a lot in advance! I'll try it and let you know if my problem is solved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 17:15

Update 1.46 is update 1.46. You already downloaded it from what I see. You applied it to your game. But since you forgot My First Pet, you need to apply Seasons and Update 1.46 again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2018, 18:26

Ah, I didn't see the 1.46 update because it wasn't listed here yet. My mistake. I'll keep an eye on the news section from now on.

Your solution worked perfectly and my game is running again! So thanks a lot!  Good job!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2018, 20:55

bue gracias por borrar mis mensajes

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 07 Dec 2018, 21:02

toxicab wrote:bue gracias por borrar mis mensajes

Yes, we do like keeping things organized on G4TW. And I did not "delete" your comments, but merely moved them into a new thread here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34545-i-got-this-what-should-i-do

Next time pay more attention before posting, and also please use English on these Forums. This topic is closed.

Edit: you can find "lost" topics simply by clicking on "Welcome (your username)" in the top right, then "my posts".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top