Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freetime Aging feature and Sim Blender clashing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freetime Aging feature and Sim Blender clashing. Empty Freetime Aging feature and Sim Blender clashing.

Post by Guest Thu 27 Sep 2018, 01:38

So I downloaded Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from you guys at the beginning of this month. It worked fine, I installed mods and cc and everything worked fine. Until just recently I realized that my sims weren't getting the pop up with freetime where you can age up three times. Or the pop up on the side that says what level your sim aged up as (like mediocre) Or if they aged up to an elder that, they made it  and they can think about retiring.

I don't get that, and after 50/50, It came down to Sim Blender. I have no other conflicts. When I have nothing but Sim Blender, it doesn't pop up to age up three sims, but when I don't have the blender in, it pops up perfectly. I've tried everything. I've now uninstalled it and am now going to reinstall everything again in hopes that it will fix it. I did make an account over at Simbology and ask, but they never got back to me. So I came to ask here. Could it be because of it being a cracked version that the sim blender is being finicky? I'm not sure.

Back to top Go down

Freetime Aging feature and Sim Blender clashing. Empty Re: Freetime Aging feature and Sim Blender clashing.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Sep 2018, 20:47

ivypoison255 wrote:So I downloaded Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from you guys at the beginning of this month. It worked fine, I installed mods and cc and everything worked fine. Until just recently I realized that my sims weren't getting the pop up with freetime where you can age up three times. Or the pop up on the side that says what level your sim aged up as (like mediocre) Or if they aged up to an elder that, they made it  and they can think about retiring.

I don't get that, and after 50/50, It came down to Sim Blender. I have no other conflicts. When I have nothing but Sim Blender, it doesn't pop up to age up three sims, but when I don't have the blender in, it pops up perfectly. I've tried everything. I've now uninstalled it and am now going to reinstall everything again in hopes that it will fix it. I did make an account over at Simbology and ask, but they never got back to me. So I came to ask here. Could it be because of it being a cracked version that the sim blender is being finicky? I'm not sure.

Hello,

Try deleting the cache files here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t22860-deleting-cache-files-in-the-sims-2

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what else you can try. I read up a little bit on that mod, and from the description it doesn't say that you need anything else besides the mod. Which leaves the other possibility...that there is a chance that this mod does not work on these newer "Ultimate Collection" versions of The Sims 2. 

I know this looks strange, but feel free to set the record straight if you have information that this mod is supposed to be compatible with Ultimate Collection versions.

By the way:

ivypoison255 wrote:I've now uninstalled it and am now going to reinstall everything again in hopes that it will fix it.

Uninstalling and reinstalling very rarely fixes issues under Windows OS. Chances are even, that if you don't know what you're doing, you're not going to uninstall properly. Which in turn leads to more issues down the road, etc.

Even if you suspect that uninstalling/reinstalling could fix the issue, the question remains as to whether it's worth doing so, for a mod (albeit an apparently elaborate mod). You see where I'm getting at? Smile

I mean, it's your time of course, and up to you what to do with it. Nonetheless it's not something I would recommend personally.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top