Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods working but Mod folder is missing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods working but Mod folder is missing Empty Mods working but Mod folder is missing

Post by Guest Fri 12 Oct 2018, 22:24

My mods folder is missing from program files/sims 4 but I still have all the mods I previously downloaded in my game. How can I get the folder back so I can install new mods? Please help!

Back to top Go down

Mods working but Mod folder is missing Empty Re: Mods working but Mod folder is missing

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Oct 2018, 00:46

Stygimoloch wrote:My mods folder is missing from program files/sims 4 but I still have all the mods I previously downloaded in my game. How can I get the folder back so I can install new mods? Please help!

Welcome to the Forum,

Your Mods are located under C:\Users\(your Windows account name!)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods. Most mod/usersetting-folders for PC games are in fact located under Documents, and not under the Program Files-location.

After actively browsing to that location a few times you should get the vibe; but if you find yourself having difficulties with the location, go to the above and right-click on the "Mods"-folder. Then choose "Send to -> Desktop (Create shortcut)". Using the desktop shortcut after that, you will comfortably reach your Mods-folder, which will especially be useful if you plan on using lots of mods/CC.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top