Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Validator won't recognize folder, game won't start. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Validator won't recognize folder, game won't start. [SOLVED] Empty Validator won't recognize folder, game won't start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 07:17

Hello,

I have gone through the steps of installing the game correctly, up until the very latest file (the .iso file), and am running the game as an administrator. I have turned off my antivirus software and have even tried opening the game in windowed mode. I have removed my mods and had run my folders through the validator to find any missing files.

I noticed that my ClientFullBuild files were missing, so I got them from a friend who currently has the working game. I also deleted the "Unknown" files that the validator redlisted. The problem now is that the validator won't recognize my sims folder, and I am getting no error; when I start the game, it shows a black screen for a few seconds, then closes.

This is the error I get when trying to run the validator: "Could not detect game version, wrong directory selected."

Validator is from here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t33486-the-sims-4-validator

Back to top Go down

Validator won't recognize folder, game won't start. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Validator won't recognize folder, game won't start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 10:57

If you get that error that means "Game\Bin\Default.ini" file is not inside the folder you selected.

So you are selecting wrong directory or you deleted that file. In that case apply last update again.

Back to top Go down

Validator won't recognize folder, game won't start. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Validator won't recognize folder, game won't start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 17:40

Thank you, the validator works, I was able to run it. I'm still getting several errors, and the game continues to crash immediately upon starting the .exe

The validator indicated that there were "Hash Mismatch" errors throughout the data, delta, and game/bin folders, as well as a massive list of unknown files. Do I post something like that? it's several pages worth.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 15 Oct 2018, 18:04

SpiderSensei wrote:(...) Do I post something like that? it's several pages worth.

Yes, please post the validator report here (if it doesn't fit into a single post, make two consecutive messages). We can't see otherwise what may be wrong on your end, unless we use something like TeamViewer.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 18:14

Very well! Here is the report. Thank you!

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 15 Oct 2018, 18:23

First off, the title says "version 1.36.102.1020", which is the version of Cats & Dogs. Did you maybe skip the DLC between Cats & Dogs and the latest 1.46.18.1020 .iso patch? In case of doubt, read up on the order of installation here.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

With the G4TW repacks, you are not supposed to skip DLC releases, as every new release "builds up" on the previous one. The side-effect is that new users tend to have more difficulties, especially given the fact that nowadays mini-DLCs or micro-patches are released every 2-3 months on average. 

You can now re-download (or re-apply) these intermediary G4TW releases, or try making use of anadius' system of patches. Since I myself am not familiar with the details, you might have to wait for anadius to comment on here later on.

I would also delete these tray files/saves/screenshots, they do not belong under Program Files.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 18:43

I think I understand what you mean. That's the guide that I followed when I was installing the base game and the DLC. I have all of the torrents and .rar files on my computer, and I installed them in the order indicated. I also followed instruction #7 and renamed the Game file to Game_, allowing the new Game file to take its place. I also moved my Sims 4 folder to Programs(x86).

Is there something that I'm missing, in-between all these DLC repacks? Do I just re-apply all of them again, and see what happens? Is it some arbitrary glitch making this happen?

I removed my screenshots, videos, and tray files, and moved my saves and mods to a backup folder on my desktop, so the only files left should be what I need to get the game running. I am running the validator again to see if anything will change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 23:01

The only reason I think it indicates the Cats and Dogs version is because that's the version of the files my friend had to send to me because they were missing from my downloads. I re-downloaded the torrents and extracted the .rar files and I'm uncompressing them.

What should I do if I am still missing ClientFullBuild files in my data folder for these DLC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 23:07

Wait a moment. Delete your "Game" folder, download the one from Update 1.46 thread and then run validator again. Once you do it I'll tell you what to do next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2018, 00:10

Okay, thank you. I deleted and replaced the Game folder as you said. Here is the report (I moved out mods/saves/tray etc. for now bc those all came up as consistent "Unknown Files")

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2018, 00:14

Everything seems fine. You can delete those "unknown files" but those three should not affect the game. "game/bin/graphicscards.sgr" can be ignored as well if you don't get any graphics card related error.

If the game still doesn't work, move "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder to desktop and try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2018, 00:27

Thank you! The game is now running, it started up without issue. I am able to get into CAS and place a household. The only problem is that even after I've moved back my mods and saves none of them seem to be initializing, in other words they don't show up in game. I'm not too upset about losing old households but I would really like to use some cc if it is possible. Any fix for this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2018, 00:34

Did you re-enable mods in options?

Do you use script mods? Look for updates for them.
As for CC, try fixing them with Sims 4 Studio.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2018, 01:02

I figured out the problem! I looked in one of the other forums and the problem was I was putting my mods and saves and such into Programs(x86)>The Sims 4 and not Documents>ElectronicArts>The Sims 4

Everything works fine now. Thank you for the help! Can't wait to try it out!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Oct 2018, 20:05

SpiderSensei wrote:The only reason I think it indicates the Cats and Dogs version is because that's the version of the files my friend had to send to me because they were missing from my downloads. I re-downloaded the torrents and extracted the .rar files and I'm uncompressing them.

What should I do if I am still missing ClientFullBuild files in my data folder for these DLC?

In the event of future problems, you can bookmark the thread here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-46-18-1020

On there you will always find links for the latest (and complete) "Game"-folder, plus links for old Game-folders as well. Have fun, and feel free to get in touch with us again, anytime!

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top