Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Complete Collection Instal help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection Instal help! Empty Sims 3 Complete Collection Instal help!

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2018, 03:34

Hello! Okay so problem is, I can download the base game, world adventures, and high end loft stuff. But anything past that it says I need the sims 3 base game installed. 

But I do. and I have it updated to the 1.67.2 version. I see no one else having this problem so I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong. If someone can help, It would be greatly appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection Instal help! Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection Instal help!

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2018, 17:53

Hi! You need to check your Registry! Go here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t6052-there-was-an-error-during-startup-please-see-the-log-for-more-details-fix#
Look for number 2!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection Instal help! Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection Instal help!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 25 Oct 2018, 18:48

Kaybee wrote:Hello! Okay so problem is, I can download the base game, world adventures, and high end loft stuff. But anything past that it says I need the sims 3 base game installed. 

But I do. and I have it updated to the 1.67.2 version. I see no one else having this problem so I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong. If someone can help, It would be greatly appreciated!

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

What I would suggest is that you take a good uninstaller program, for example "Your Un-installer Pro", available here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t53-all-games4theworld-downloads

Download/install the program and open it. In the main window look for "The Sims 3", and double-click on it. Choose "Super Mode". Wait until it's finished, then re-boot the computer. Now re-install the base game of The Sims 3, then re-apply the 1.67 manual patch and proceed with the remaining DLC; or even see if anything changes at all compared to your previous situation.

Also, did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .rar archive file? We generally recommend WinRAR for unpacking .rar archives, though 7-zip is said to be able to unpack .rar's too. But do not use any other programs than these, please. Good luck!  Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2018, 17:18

Thank you! I ended up doing the all in one pack and everything works great!

But I am noticing a pronlem with the speed. As in all settings of speed only move the original speed. Do you have any idea on how to fix it?? Im not a computer genius by any mean unfortunately lol but i can work my way around one decently enough. Is it because i have all the store content??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2018, 17:19

I was using winrar but i dont have the money to oay for it. I use utorrent and peazip

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Oct 2018, 18:18

Kaybee wrote:Thank you! I ended up doing the all in one pack and everything works great!

But I am noticing a pronlem with the speed. As in all settings of speed only move the original speed. Do you have any idea on how to fix it?? Im not a computer genius by any mean unfortunately lol but i can work my way around one decently enough. Is it because i have all the store content??

I'm sorry, can you try and be more specific with what exactly you mean by "speed"? Are you saying your game moves slowly, like in lagging?

Kaybee wrote:I was using winrar but i dont have the money to oay for it. I use utorrent and peazip

You should use WinRAR (or 7-zip) to unpack .rar archive files. You can find WinRAR on the official G4TW Download list as well, see the link in my previous reply above.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2018, 18:21

Sure, sorry about that! Speed as in the in game clock speed ex.when im sleeping the time moves just as fast as regular time regardless if im in 1 2 3 or ultra 4

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Oct 2018, 18:36

Kaybee wrote:Sure, sorry about that! Speed as in the in game clock speed ex.when im sleeping the time moves just as fast as regular time regardless if im in 1 2 3 or ultra 4

OK, not sure about that. Are you using any (script) mods by chance? If so please remove all of them for now.

Also try deleting the cache files under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

- CASPartCache.package
- compositorcache.package
- scriptcache.package
- simCompositorCache.package
- socialCache.package
- the contents inside subfolder "WorldCaches" (do NOT delete the actual subfolder though; only delete the contents inside it)
- the contents inside subfolder "Thumbnails" (do NOT delete the actual subfolder though; only delete the contents inside it)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2018, 18:44

Honestly the only ones im using are the store ones. I have nothing else custom content wise installed. I just installed the ultimate fix and it seems to be working a little better but for sleeping its still very slow. Ill try clearing the folders as soon as i can and let you know. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Oct 2018, 19:16

Kaybee wrote:Honestly the only ones im using are the store ones. I have nothing else custom content wise installed. I just installed the ultimate fix and it seems to be working a little better but for sleeping its still very slow. Ill try clearing the folders as soon as i can and let you know. Thank you!

Google for the "4GB patch", and apply it to your TS3W.exe under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4GB patch then.

Note that this will only work if you have a 64-bit Windows, plus at least 4GB of RAM on your computer. It that's the case, it will make your game use more RAM, which in turn can help improve general game performance.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2018, 19:48

Thank you very much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top