Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Origin seems to be running. Origin is unable to connect' Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Origin seems to be running. Origin is unable to connect' Issue Empty 'Origin seems to be running. Origin is unable to connect' Issue

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2018, 11:04

Hi! So I have been playing seems for a really long time but until a few days ago, every time I tried to open up the sims an error message would pop up saying "Origin Seems to Be Running, Origin is unable to connect" and right after closing this would pop up, "Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).

I have tried downloading a new games folder, I even checked if origin was running at all but it wasn't. Please help.  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

'Origin seems to be running. Origin is unable to connect' Issue Empty Re: 'Origin seems to be running. Origin is unable to connect' Issue

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2018, 13:04

Where do you have your game? By default it's in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" which is too long, move it to something shorter, like "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4". Then add "Game\Bin" folder to your anti-virus exception list and block "TS4.exe" and "TS4_x64.exe" in your firewall.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top