Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Launcher closing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Launcher closing Empty The Sims 3 Launcher closing

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2018, 15:54

Hello everyone. Smile
I've downloaded The Sims 3 Complete Collection (all in-one). Everything was perfect, until yersterday, don't know why. 
I've been installing a lot of .sims3pack content from the TS3 Store in your site, and all worked good. I've played for hours with no problems, but then, yesterday, I wanted to install some new outfits from other sites, I opened up the Launcher and it was like this:
The Sims 3 Launcher closing Cattur11

With that strange red cross, it stays opened for like 3~5 seconds, then closes on its own. If Im faster than those seconds and I click on "Downloads", it gets stucked forever, untill I go close it from pc processes.
However, if I start the game from TS3W, it works almost perfectly. "Almost" because sometimes it decides to don't get ever started, with a black full screen and infinite loading and to resolve this situation I have to reboot the pc, but I don't care about it honestly, its not a big deal, my problem is that I really wish I can use again the Launcher to install more custom contents.

I'm sorry if my language wasn't clear but as you can see from the image Im not english xD
Thank you for your answers!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Launcher closing Empty Re: The Sims 3 Launcher closing

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2018, 16:07

I'm sorry I can't find how to edit my first post, I just wanted to say that problem showed up after I installed The Sims 2, I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, because it's strange, but I had to say it I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2018, 16:16

New funnier image, I can click everything but everything is covered with those Xs, I tried to install my new content anyway but it says Error:                 (and a white description xD)
The Sims 3 Launcher closing Cattur12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2018, 16:59

The installation of The Sims 2 has no effect whatsoever on the Sims 3 and vice-versa.
I think that your latest downloads of mods causes the problem. They seem to need access to Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2018, 18:36

Thank you.
I looked around Google a way to delete .sims3packs without launcher but everyone says I can't. 
So I guess I have to uninstall the full the sims and start all over again

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Nov 2018, 00:33

YellowSmoke wrote:Thank you.
I looked around Google a way to delete .sims3packs without launcher but everyone says I can't. 
So I guess I have to uninstall the full the sims and start all over again

Sorry for the belated reply,

There is a way to remove installed .sims3pack files:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

Another question; did you install The Sims 3 on this particular computer, sometime in the past already? Or is this your first time with The Sims 3 on that computer?

Also, how is the general game performance on your end? Your profile information says "Windows 10, (x86) 32-bit". And I thought "uh oh, that may not look good...".  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top