Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing .package files with The Sims 3 Complete Collection. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing .package files with The Sims 3 Complete Collection. [SOLVED] Empty Installing .package files with The Sims 3 Complete Collection. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 12:51

Hi all, 
I've had a look to see if this has been answered elsewhere but couldn't find anything, please forgive me if I missed it.
I'm currently having issues with getting my .package files to work with The Complete Collection I downloaded from here. I can download the framework, extract it and have the correct folders but the packages aren't showing up in-game. I uninstalled the Complete Collection from my Program Files x86 and reinstalled it in my Documents/EA folder, where my Sims 3 folder is, but still no luck. I'm pretty sure it's not individual files causing issues, as nraas isn't working, and neither is the no intro file that comes with the framework. 
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Installing .package files with The Sims 3 Complete Collection. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing .package files with The Sims 3 Complete Collection. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Nov 2018, 18:51

risnis wrote:Hi all, 
I've had a look to see if this has been answered elsewhere but couldn't find anything, please forgive me if I missed it.
I'm currently having issues with getting my .package files to work with The Complete Collection I downloaded from here. I can download the framework, extract it and have the correct folders but the packages aren't showing up in-game. I uninstalled the Complete Collection from my Program Files x86 and reinstalled it in my Documents/EA folder, where my Sims 3 folder is, but still no luck. I'm pretty sure it's not individual files causing issues, as nraas isn't working, and neither is the no intro file that comes with the framework. 
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

We have a guide here, on how to properly set up the mod framework:
https://games4theworld.org/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files_Guide.pdf

Please double-check the guide, and then let us know if you managed to get it working, or not. Smile  Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Installing .package files with The Sims 3 Complete Collection. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing .package files with The Sims 3 Complete Collection. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2018, 13:21

I double checked, uninstalled and reinstalled the base game and the complete collection and still no luck. I'm not sure if this is helpful/relevant, but .sim files that I put in the Saved Sims folder also don't show up in-game? I'm a bit stumped.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Nov 2018, 16:06

risnis wrote:I double checked, uninstalled and reinstalled the base game and the complete collection and still no luck. I'm not sure if this is helpful/relevant, but .sim files that I put in the Saved Sims folder also don't show up in-game? I'm a bit stumped.

I very vaguely recall a post on here (a long time ago), about someone saying they logged into a different Windows user-account, after which everything under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 then worked fine. You could try the same.

If you are on Windows 10, you may even check out this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10

I think you'll have to re-install the game, but it may be worth a shot. Maybe I can find that old topic again, let's see...

//EDIT

I found the old topic, here!
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32818-mods-just-won-t-work?highlight=Windows+account
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2018, 13:38

Thank you so much! It'll be a few weeks before I'm back home from uni to give it a go, but I'll update here if that works (if resurrecting an old thread like that is allowed?). Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 22 Nov 2018, 16:42

risnis wrote:Thank you so much! It'll be a few weeks before I'm back home from uni to give it a go, but I'll update here if that works (if resurrecting an old thread like that is allowed?). Cheers

Sure, post back when you can.  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2018, 15:15

So I think the issue was that my Sims 3 folder was not from the Complete Collection but from before that, possibly? I tried deleting it and reinstalling the Mr DJ collection to no avail, but what did work was deleting and downloading a torrent file and installing each pack one by one instead of using the Mr DJ .eso file. Thanks for all your help!

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top