Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED] Empty Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2019, 03:47

Cannot start because required data is missing or damaged is the error I keep receiving. I just tried to install the update, that was all. After I was going to install the famous game.

Back to top Go down

Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2019, 11:55

Are you using G4TW releases or my repack?

Anyway, run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2019, 01:06

anadius wrote:Are you using G4TW releases or my repack?

Anyway, run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

Thank you for responding. I tried to do that but nothing happens when I select my latest game folder? Honestly the game was working perfectly until I watched a video on youtube on how to install the new game from someone that uses your site. I never update the games this way, I usually just follow the directions on here but this time I followed the video No shit, Sherlock.. Is there another way for me to be able to find out what files are missing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2019, 01:15

Use Chrome or Firefox, haven't tested other browsers.

My first guess is you didn't select your installation directory when installing patch from my repack. Default path in my installer is "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4" so you need to move all files from there to the folder where your game actually is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2019, 05:40

anadius wrote:Use Chrome or Firefox, haven't tested other browsers.

My first guess is you didn't select your installation directory when installing patch from my repack. Default path in my installer is "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4" so you need to move all files from there to the folder where your game actually is.

So I copied the files from the folder you listed above and pasted it in the folder that I had pasted the new update files in there. Unfortunately its still saying the same thing, and its taking longer to launch.

If I were to try to take a step back, how would you suggest that I do that? Should I delete anything? Since every game is downloaded on my computer in the torrent it wouldn't take long right? If that is my only option, can I save my sims or no, they are a goner?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2019, 12:20

I won't tell you how to fix it because I don't know how many game folders you have and what's actually inside them. Run the validator.

As for the saves, those are in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves" and my installer doesn't touch that folder.

Search your whole computer for "ClientDeltaBuild8.package" and post all the locations it finds that file in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2019, 16:48

Here is where that file is..

C:\users\acerr7\desktop\data\client
C:\users\acerr7\desktop\thesims4seasons
C:\users\acerr7\downloads\thesims4-getfamous <- I just downloaded it, I didn't install it.
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Data\Client
C:\users\acerr7\desktop\thesims4games\thesims4update
C:\Users\Acer R7\Desktop\THESIMS4GAMES\THESIMS4PETS STUFF\Data\Client
C:\Users\Acer R7\Desktop\THESIMS4GAMES\THESIMS4JUNGLE\Data\Client
C:\Users\Acer R7\Desktop\THESIMS4GAMES\THESIMS4UPDATE\Gamelast2\Data\Client
C:\Users\Acer R7\Downloads\TS4_Update_1-37-35-1010\Data\Client
C:\Users\Acer R7\Desktop\toddlers stuff\Data\Client
C:\Users\Acer R7\Desktop\THESIMS4GAMES\THESIMS4UPDATE\Game__\Data\Client
C:\Users\Acer R7\Desktop\game1g2w\Data\Client
C:\Users\Acer R7\Desktop\pkagesfolder\Data\Client

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2019, 17:48

Alright, that's quite a mess. Now search for "ClientFullBuild8.package". There should be one folder with that file. If there's more, then you messed up even more than I thought.

Select that folder (remove "Data\Client" from the end) in validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2019, 18:14

anadius wrote:Alright, that's quite a mess. Now search for "ClientFullBuild8.package". There should be one folder with that file. If there's more, then you messed up even more than I thought.

Select that folder (remove "Data\Client" from the end) in validator and post the result here.

I'll do that now. However, whenever I attempt to use the validator and select my md5 file nothing happens. It stays on the page to choose a file for quick scan or select the sims 4 directory. I downloaded the other program to turn my folder into an md5 file, but when I choose the file in the validator nothing happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2019, 18:37

anadius wrote:Alright, that's quite a mess. Now search for "ClientFullBuild8.package". There should be one folder with that file. If there's more, then you messed up even more than I thought.

Alright, my file search shows two folders with that file.
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Data\Client
C:\Users\Acer R7\Desktop\THESIMS4GAMES\THESIMS4UPDATE\Data\Client

Its probably in the update other folder because I did as you said above and copied the sims 4 data client folder, and pasted it in the other folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2019, 18:42

It's not "choose a file for quick scan or select the sims 4 directory". You HAVE to select the directory.

Here are example uses:
quick scan + selecting folder = instant quick result
normal scan + selecting md5 file + selecting folder = instant full result (given the md5 file was created properly)
normal scan + selecting folder = full result after hashing all the files

Now I want you to post quick scan result for both "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" and "C:\Users\Acer R7\Desktop\THESIMS4GAMES\THESIMS4UPDATE".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2019, 18:46

THESIMS4UPDATE Results
report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2019, 19:20

Still waiting for report for "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4".

I should've asked for it earlier but anyway:
- send a link to that video you used
- show me the files you downloaded
- and tell me, step by step, what exactly you did

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 00:57

report:

Youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDOmhUbbmdg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 00:58

I did exactly what she did in the video. Granted, I did this in November and was so confused after realizing that I messed up the game that I just left it. I finally have free time so I'm determined to fix it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 04:18

& Apologies about the wait, I had to leave home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 08:56

In "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4":

Delete folders:
game_
game__
gamelast
gamelast2

Delete files:
game/bin/core/winhttp.dll
game/bin/rldorigin.dll
game/bin/rldorigin.ini
game/bin/rldorigin_ext.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64_ext.dll

And start the game from "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin". This should work.

And clean up other folders. If you still have the archives (.rar/.zip/.7z files) you downloaded, then delete extracted folders. I keep mine in one folder:
Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED] G4tw10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 15:58

I get a new error now.

It says that the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via origin to play.

Also, I have to finally install Get Famous before playing. Can I still do so?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 16:02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 16:33

I downloaded the Get Famous in November. Can I install that version and then install this update?

Also, how do I fix the error above because that's what I encountered when I followed your tips listed above.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 16:37

Yes.

You played newer version of the game. Don't ask me how, both of validator results show you have version 1.44.88.1020. After installing the newest patch the error will be gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 17:41

anadius wrote:Yes.

You played newer version of the game. Don't ask me how, both of validator results show you have version 1.44.88.1020. After installing the newest patch the error will be gone.

Great, thank you! One last question.. just so that I do not mess anything up if you're saying I just need to install these last two things in order for it to work correctly, I am trying to go by this https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly (again, its been a while since I've updated so just excuse my slowness)..

& I am confused on how to follow it because I have two separate locations for my expansions pack folders (desktop) and my The Sims 4 folder.. which is in the program files location. I'm not sure which I'm supposed to use when copy and pasting the new files for Get Famous and the Update ..

Can I follow this youtube video or can you suggest a video or a quick tip for me to follow so that I can be out of your hair? I don't want to mess anything up again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 17:51

I told you to clean up this mess. Use "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" folder. As for installing, it's just extracting files and moving them, the only thing you can mess up is order. First Get Famous, then Update 1.48.94.1020.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 18:01

anadius wrote:I told you to clean up this mess. Use "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" folder. As for installing, it's just extracting files and moving them, the only thing you can mess up is order. First Get Famous, then Update 1.48.94.1020.

I already deleted what you said to delete in the Program Files folder. Well yeah, its extracting the files and moving them but I'm putting them in the program filesx86 folder? If so, you told me to delete all of my old game folders and everyone else says to keep making new ones. So, when I extract, do I just replace all files and that's it or do I have to make a new game folder? I'm sure if it was so cut and dry there wouldn't be so many question threads, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 18:18

anadius wrote:And clean up other folders. If you still have the archives (.rar/.zip/.7z files) you downloaded, then delete extracted folders. I keep mine in one folder:
Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED] G4tw10
This is what I meant when I said "I told you to clean up this mess".

Once again, yes, use "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" folder.

Who tells you to keep them? The guide you linked says to rename or delete old "Game" folder only in step 7 and 10. You don't have to but you can delete it every time you install new update/dlc, G4TW releases always contain full "Game" folder so you won't miss any file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top