Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Since "get famous" DLC upgrade (anadius) game works only online and continously downloads data in background.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Since "get famous" DLC upgrade (anadius) game works only online and continously downloads data in background. Empty Since "get famous" DLC upgrade (anadius) game works only online and continously downloads data in background.

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2019, 18:09

Hi,

just installed "get famous" from anadius thread.  Pack did not appear on main menu screen in game, so I downloaded  no-origin-fix-*.rar and patch-*.bin as in readme file and ran them.
Now it works fine, just one observation: 

Just after starting the game, a message came up that my deleted packs will be downloaded now and I will receive a message when done.
  I blocked the game via firewall and then was unable to play it.
  Earlier, I did not have to be online to play.

I opened firewall again and I can see now that it continuously downloads in the background at low speed.

Did the update or the no-origin fix turn it to an online-only game?
I did not plan to have it calling home and up/downloading stuff.  Anything I can do ?

Just in case, I put here as well my verification log:

Thanks,

report:

Back to top Go down

Since "get famous" DLC upgrade (anadius) game works only online and continously downloads data in background. Empty Re: Since "get famous" DLC upgrade (anadius) game works only online and continously downloads data in background.

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2019, 18:39

The only difference between my repack, G4TW's repack, Tarac's all-in-one and any other repack is how files are packed. You still get the same files, there's no difference. So if you updated with any other method you'd still get the same result.

I just blocked the game exe and the game works completely fine so I don't know why it doesn't for you. Do you mind posting the error you get?

The message you got about missing DLCs appeared because you're missing some of the DLCs but the crack convinces the game you own them. That's what helper_tools.rar is for. Just place it next to the setup next time and it will use tools inside to disable missing DLCs in crack config.

I'm pretty sure the game was downloading something in previous versions too. I just tested it, can confirm, and also can add that it stops when I start playing. The only connection left is connection with your own computer. I can see about 150B/s for both downloading and uploading. But as I said, that's connection from the game exe to your computer.

Oh, and nothing's wrong with your installation folder.

Back to top Go down

Since "get famous" DLC upgrade (anadius) game works only online and continously downloads data in background. Empty Re: Since "get famous" DLC upgrade (anadius) game works only online and continously downloads data in background.

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2019, 08:48

Hi,

there is no error message as such.

If internet disconnected
    clicking on any pack in the main menu will result in a notification saying "Internet connection needed. Connect or stay offline?.  When I click "stay offline", on the main screen I have a box saying "you are offline" and I cannot do anything.
e.g. i tried to create a new persona and when trying to save I get a notification saying "Saving impossible. The game is at them moment in a state where saving is not possible. Advertisment: you risk loss of data if you leave the game."

Here some snapshots (sorry for French language, but just for the context). There is as well a snapshot of Netlimiter tool, where you can see the traffic.

Especially I have trouble understanding the message about the "de-installed packs are in progress of being downloaded"....What does it mean?

EDIT: Not yet allowed to post the link to my uploaded snapshots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2019, 10:11

As@Andius also tried to explain:
Suppose you installed all DLC's except f.e. Laundry Day.
When you updated the game with the latest Game folder it presumes that you have all available DLC's installed.
As Laundry Day is NOT installed you'll get a message that "missing items are being downloaded", which is of course not true as it will not be downloaded at all.

Consequently clicking in the main screen on a DLC that's not in your game requires an internet connection in order to be downloaded inspite of the fact that such a sownload will not take place at all.

Make sure you have downloaded all items from the @Anadius alternative installation v2 and run setup.exe again.
After that do not apply any other upgrade as they are all included in the alternative installation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2019, 10:26

Tarac wrote:As@Andius also tried to explain:
Suppose you installed all DLC's except f.e. Laundry Day.
When you updated the game with the latest Game folder it presumes that you have all available DLC's installed.
As Laundry Day is NOT installed you'll get a message that "missing items are being downloaded", which is of course not true as it will not be downloaded at all.

Consequently clicking in the main screen on a DLC that's not in your game requires an internet connection in order to be downloaded inspite of the fact that such a sownload will not take place at all.

Make sure you have downloaded all items from the @Anadius alternative installation v2 and run setup.exe again.
After that do not apply any other upgrade as they are all included in the alternative installation.
EDIT:
It looks like you mixed Origin downloads with pirated DLC's and you updated the game via Origin.
That is feasable provided you bear in mind that the folder Game will be overwritten by Origin excluding all your non-bought DLC's
You can combine legal and pirated games in 1 folder when you copy the folder Game and rename that copied folder to Game-cracked.
The download the latest Game folder from G4TW, delete the Bin folder from Game-cracked and copy the just downloaded Bin to Game-cracked.
You can then play and update via Origin with Game-Bin-TS4 or TS4_x64 (never ever save such a game)
You can play the cracked version with Game_cracked - Bin - TS4 or TS4_x64

Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2019, 10:46

Frenchy007 wrote:Hi,

there is no error message as such.

If internet disconnected
    clicking on any pack in the main menu will result in a notification saying "Internet connection needed. Connect or stay offline?.  When I click "stay offline", on the main screen I have a box saying "you are offline" and I cannot do anything.
e.g. i tried to create a new persona and when trying to save I get a notification saying "Saving impossible. The game is at them moment in a state where saving is not possible. Advertisment: you risk loss of data if you leave the game."

Here some snapshots (sorry for French language, but just for the context). There is as well a snapshot of Netlimiter tool, where you can see the traffic.

Especially I have trouble understanding the message about the "de-installed packs are in progress of being downloaded"....What does it mean?

EDIT: Not yet allowed to post the link to my uploaded snapshots.

1. Don't click on DLC icons, just click on play button.
2. You can't save in CAS (create a sim). Move your Sim inside a house and then save the game.
3. Pirated game won't download missing DLCs. You can ignore this message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2019, 10:49

Hi Tarac,

actually, even clicking on DLC that are in the game already, will not work offline. However, I will try as suggested and load all previous DLC. It could well be that the message "you must be online to play" is in direct connection with the program trying to "download" missing items even if it does not.

I will feedback later.

EDIT: hit send while anadius entered his last post. OK, then I understand. So all should be good then.   thanks guys for the good work here.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top