Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing a file in the "The Sims 3 complete collection" file

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing a file in the "The Sims 3 complete collection"  file Empty Missing a file in the "The Sims 3 complete collection" file

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2019, 09:55

Hello there,

First time posting here in this forums, hope you can help me out!

SO, I downloaded the Complete Collection from the Sims 3, and am planning to install all the expansions. But, I installed the base game first and in the " instruction manual", it told me in the first (or second step, I dont remember), to look in the # crack folder to copy and past the "TS3.exe" file in the directory.

The thing is, there is no TS3.exe file, only a TS3W.exe file..

NOw, I came across this guide:

https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly#

Do I have to follow those instructions instead of the one in the .rar file?

Hope you can help me out!

Back to top Go down

Missing a file in the "The Sims 3 complete collection"  file Empty Re: Missing a file in the "The Sims 3 complete collection" file

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2019, 10:44

The crack is indeed TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll

Back to top Go down

Missing a file in the "The Sims 3 complete collection"  file Empty Re: Missing a file in the "The Sims 3 complete collection" file

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2019, 11:00

Yes, but in the link I provided, it is stated that the crack files shouldnt be used during the entire installation, only the crack in the " ultimate fix" file. So, whatever is right?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Jan 2019, 16:30

Proximitus wrote:Yes, but in the link I provided, it is stated that the crack files shouldnt be used during the entire installation, only the crack in the " ultimate fix" file. So, whatever is right?

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

If these two (seemingly different) guides are read closely, actually they aren't really that different. The entire TS3 "infrastructure" on here was created by the old Admin and his staff, and they were not very good at organizing things properly. Even though there is nothing factually wrong about the install guides: if you carefully follow either one, you will be successful in the end.

The crack-folders in the Ultimate Fix-download contained original files, and they were intended for people who wanted to update their games with the launcher. Because if you had cracked files, the launcher-update wouldn't work.

Nowadays almost everybody uses that "manual patch" anyway, so you really only need the two files inside the folder #Crack. And nothing else. A.k.a the "TS3 Must-Read" on the Forum here is probably easier to follow.

Yes, we could re-upload the Ultimate Fix and remove the redundant stuff. Maybe we will do that, at some point.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top