Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MISSING World Descriptions. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MISSING World Descriptions. [SOLVED] Empty MISSING World Descriptions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2019, 13:25

Hello, this is my first post so bear with me if I'm not sure of some things here in the Forums.

As the title says, i'm missing world descriptions. The descriptions for Aurora Skies, Dragon Valley, Midnight Hollow, Monte Vista, Roaring Heights, and Sunlit Tides are the ones that are missing. The worlds don't seem to have any other issues with them, just a blank area where their descriptions normally would be. I don't think this is an issue with the UI because I have Nraas Traveller Mod installed and in the Travel menu the descriptions even aren't there. It might be an issue with the .world files themselves because if I take a look at the descriptions via CAW they don't look incorrect to me but at the same time I would think that the name and description would be the actual text and not "CatalogObjects/Name:DOT11_world" and "CatalogObjects/Description:DOT11_World".

Maybe a typo during ripping?
Possibly an issue with a file not being recognised from my language?
Or an issue on my end?

I'm not sure, I just want a little information instead of feeling like i'm walking in to the depths of mysteryland haha.

Side Note:
I installed the .sims3packs from The Complete Store except for Sunlit Tides, that was downloaded before I got The Complete Store.
Also my language is English, though I am Australian I don't remember an option for anything other than English US or something like it.

Back to top Go down

MISSING World Descriptions. [SOLVED] Empty Re: MISSING World Descriptions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2019, 13:31

Here's a screen using Roaring Heights as an example.

MISSING World Descriptions. [SOLVED] Screen10

Back to top Go down

MISSING World Descriptions. [SOLVED] Empty Re: MISSING World Descriptions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2019, 15:29

I can't remember having seen the items in your screenshot before.
Is it part of Nraas Traveller Mod perhaps ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2019, 17:50

If you mean that that might be causing it then no unfortunately. I removed it and nothing changed Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 18 Jan 2019, 21:17

Hello,

OfficialLawGuyUK wrote:(...) Maybe a typo during ripping?

That would be the most epic typo ever in video game history...but no. These .sims3packs are available in that format, even if your purchase them legally. We did not edit them in any way, other than put them together with the other files when packing them in WinRAR.

Assuming you used WinRAR for extraction, there is maybe another possibility. The launcher tends to have hiccups very often. Something that is not well-known until today is that if you install "too many" .sims3pack files with the launcher at once, there is a chance of the installation malfunctioning, even if you get a "positive" install-result-message. What you should do (for the future) is to try installing only one or two worlds in one launcher-pass; after that is done, proceed with the next two .sims3packs, etc. That is awkward, but once it is done, you don't have to do it again normally. 

You could do it like me, and backup your "The Sims 3"-folder, under Documents\Electronic Arts. That folder also contains the files after installing .sims3packs (.dbc, .world, etc.). So in the event you move to a new PC or need to re-install windows, just put the folder back under Documents\Electronic Arts, without worrying about the launcher again.

Alternatively, google for "install sims 3 worlds without launcher".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 05:17

So I reinstalled all the worlds and nothing different. Could Cache be causing this issue to persist even after a reinstall?

Btw I’m using 7zip to extract, but I’ve done with WinRar as well (so two reinstalls) and same result. I’m considering redownloading the files but I feel like it’ll be the exact same outcome.

The thing is, the worlds work absolutely fine. All premade sims and lots exist with their descriptions and bios and relationships etc. intact, it’s just the actual description of the certain 6 worlds. Do your worlds work like normal with the descriptions? If so can you link them 6 for me or I link my ones to you? I’m trying to gauge which option would be best to test out. Tbh I’m not really sure about the link rules around here. Let me know what you want to do. If all else fails I guess I’ll just have to live with it WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Jan 2019, 10:46

OfficialLawGuyUK wrote:So I reinstalled all the worlds and nothing different. Could Cache be causing this issue to persist even after a reinstall?

Btw I’m using 7zip to extract, but I’ve done with WinRar as well (so two reinstalls) and same result. I’m considering redownloading the files but I feel like it’ll be the exact same outcome.

The thing is, the worlds work absolutely fine. All premade sims and lots exist with their descriptions and bios and relationships etc. intact, it’s just the actual description of the certain 6 worlds. Do your worlds work like normal with the descriptions? If so can you link them 6 for me or I link my ones to you? I’m trying to gauge which option would be best to test out. Tbh I’m not really sure about the link rules around here. Let me know what you want to do. If all else fails I guess I’ll just have to live with it WhatDidUJustCallMe?

No, don't re-download anything yet. Later in the day I will start up TS3 and check back myself (it has been a little while since I last played). I couldn't recall having eve experienced anything like your issue, but stay tuned.

//EDIT

If you haven't done so already, use the method outlined here to properly un-install .sims3pack files (note: this will purge ALL your installled .sims3pack files, so consequently you will also need to re-install ALL .sims3pack files later on):
https://www.games4theworld.club/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2019, 17:10

Hello.

I’ve noticed something that might be the cause to this issue. When I initially played without many things installed I first downloaded Sunlit Tides as a test world. I think that the description for it was there until I installed the full store collection which then I think broke it. I say I think because I had only played a little bit of it after first downloading it for like 10 mins then I installed the full store collection. I probably glossed over the description because I wasn’t bothered reading it at the time. Anyway, I just looked over the downloads section on the G4TW website and noticed that Sunlit Tides requires the Store Fixes for it to work and ultimately realised that I had downloaded that as well as the full store collection which might be conflicting with it.

Now I don’t know if the full store collection has the store fixes already applied but if it does and I’ve just installed that as well as the original store fixes than that is probably what is causing this issue. As well, the worlds (except for Aurora Skies) that have the issue also require the store fixes in order to work.

Could this be it?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Jan 2019, 19:22

OfficialLawGuyUK wrote:Hello.

I’ve noticed something that might be the cause to this issue. When I initially played without many things installed I first downloaded Sunlit Tides as a test world. I think that the description for it was there until I installed the full store collection which then I think broke it. I say I think because I had only played a little bit of it after first downloading it for like 10 mins then I installed the full store collection. I probably glossed over the description because I wasn’t bothered reading it at the time. Anyway, I just looked over the downloads section on the G4TW website and noticed that Sunlit Tides requires the Store Fixes for it to work and ultimately realised that I had downloaded that as well as the full store collection which might be conflicting with it.

Now I don’t know if the full store collection has the store fixes already applied but if it does and I’ve just installed that as well as the original store fixes than that is probably what is causing this issue. As well, the worlds (except for Aurora Skies) that have the issue also require the store fixes in order to work.

Could this be it?

OK, I was wrong: I started up the game and when trying to start a new save (in a new neighborhood), the descriptions for the store worlds were missing for me as well. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Now...it could very well be caused by the store fixes, and yes, they are included in the complete store collection. But as for me, the store fixes enable a lot of these store items and worlds to be playable, despite these "quirks". Like, another commonly-reported issue is that if you place down buydebug items and try saving the game, you get an endless saving screen. A workaround could be to temporarily remove the store fixes, then start up the game, then grab whatever buydebug items you want, close the game, put the store fixes back in, and play on.

Feel free to test it by taking out the store fixes, but despite these quirks I don't recommend playing DRM-free Sims 3 content without store fixes. And even if you hypothetically had purchased everything legally, the store fixes still do some wonders.

I'm not complaining though, I did not pay anything for the game (got everything myself from G4TW here). But EA have stopped working on TS3 long ago. And as for these store fixes, I am not a programmer - though over the years I picked up one or two things in that regard. Still, I would not know how these store fixes can be 'updated' or 'fixed' any further.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2019, 17:34

Ah well, I can't complain either. I'm glad everything else seems to work fine, it's just those little descriptions, hah never thought I needed those so badly in my life up until now but hey ho. Luckily the descriptions are available on The Sims Wiki so I'm good to just note them down and read them out in case I want to start a new neighbourhood.

I could also try to remake them in CAW but to be honest there isn't much point, especially when once I do that the intro cutscene, sims, memories, etc. are all reset. Gotta have to work with what works for now.

I am quite intrigued on the screenshot I uploaded showing a weird almost directory of sorts, though I've already searched for a folder or file with those names and nothing came up. Maybe it's in a .bin somewhere I don't know. The information is definitely stored somewhere if it's showing these weird file names instead of the actual names and descriptions of the worlds, like a normal world would have.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Jan 2019, 19:45

OfficialLawGuyUK wrote:Ah well, I can't complain either. I'm glad everything else seems to work fine, it's just those little descriptions, hah never thought I needed those so badly in my life up until now but hey ho. Luckily the descriptions are available on The Sims Wiki so I'm good to just note them down and read them out in case I want to start a new neighbourhood.

I could also try to remake them in CAW but to be honest there isn't much point, especially when once I do that the intro cutscene, sims, memories, etc. are all reset. Gotta have to work with what works for now.

I am quite intrigued on the screenshot I uploaded showing a weird almost directory of sorts, though I've already searched for a folder or file with those names and nothing came up. Maybe it's in a .bin somewhere I don't know. The information is definitely stored somewhere if it's showing these weird file names instead of the actual names and descriptions of the worlds, like a normal world would have.

OK, can we consider this topic "solved", or was there anything else you needed help with, for the moment?

//EDIT

Since the OP does not have any more questions for the moment, I will close the topic. Feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime; just open a new topic then. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top