Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Complete Collection All In One Start Error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection All In One Start Error. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Complete Collection All In One Start Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2019, 23:29

So I have spent the last 3 or 4 hours trying to figure out what I have done wrong. I had the Base Game and several expansions and stuff packs installed previously through Origin, then I discovered this site and downloaded the remaining packs I did not yet have to complete my collection. After following all the steps, the game would not start. I found somewhere in the forums(I can't remember the specific thread it was in, so I apologize for that) that Origin's 1.69 patch was not compatible with pirated games. SO...I uninstalled everything after making a backup folder of my current game and CC on the desktop. I found the All In One G4TW Repack for the Complete Collection, so I installed that last night. I watched the tutorial video and read the Installation Instructions included in the download, and it says I do not have to do anything with any crack files or anything like that. When I tried to start up the game it goes black and to full screen like it always does, then back to the desktop with this error message:

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them -- otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."

It gives me the option to Quit or Continue. After searching the forums for a while and not being able to find anyone with the same error message (I apologize if I missed it!), I tried continuing in spite of the error. It loads fine and on the main menu it has my 2 saved games I have been playing, some of the custom worlds I downloaded previously, and the different NRaas Mods I had installed before. Should these be showing up if the files for them are in a backup folder on the Desktop, and not in the Sims 3 file I have under programs? I feel like I am missing something, but cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.

So sorry if it's a simple fix that I just missed, and thanks in advance for any help!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection All In One Start Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection All In One Start Error. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Feb 2019, 17:53

SoJ2317 wrote:So I have spent the last 3 or 4 hours trying to figure out what I have done wrong. I had the Base Game and several expansions and stuff packs installed previously through Origin, then I discovered this site and downloaded the remaining packs I did not yet have to complete my collection. After following all the steps, the game would not start. I found somewhere in the forums(I can't remember the specific thread it was in, so I apologize for that) that Origin's 1.69 patch was not compatible with pirated games. SO...I uninstalled everything after making a backup folder of my current game and CC on the desktop. I found the All In One G4TW Repack for the Complete Collection, so I installed that last night. I watched the tutorial video and read the Installation Instructions included in the download, and it says I do not have to do anything with any crack files or anything like that. When I tried to start up the game it goes black and to full screen like it always does, then back to the desktop with this error message:

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them -- otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."

It gives me the option to Quit or Continue. After searching the forums for a while and not being able to find anyone with the same error message (I apologize if I missed it!), I tried continuing in spite of the error. It loads fine and on the main menu it has my 2 saved games I have been playing, some of the custom worlds I downloaded previously, and the different NRaas Mods I had installed before. Should these be showing up if the files for them are in a backup folder on the Desktop, and not in the Sims 3 file I have under programs? I feel like I am missing something, but cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.

So sorry if it's a simple fix that I just missed, and thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to the Forum first of all,

It seems (to me) your game installed just fine. The problem is almost certainly inside that Backup/Mods-folder, that you put back in. Since you mentioned that your original intention was to "download missing packs to complete the collection", I'll assume that on the game version that you played before, you were not on patch version 1.67 - that is the last patch for normal Sims 3 games. Not counting the 1.69 patch of course.

Do you happen to recall what patch version you were on, with the old game, or which of the DLC exactly you were missing?

In the end you'll have to filter your mods manually, and possibly re-download new mods that specifically work for patch 1.67. Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection All In One Start Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection All In One Start Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2019, 04:28

Thanks for the response! I was on patch 1.69 before. The game does seem to load up fine, other than the error that I can seem to bypass. I haven't actually tried playing it yet, because the NRaas mods and my saved games from before installing the AIO are showing up, even though I have deleted them from my computer and have the saved on a flash drive. It seems like the files are still somewhere in the system and being recognized by the game, even if they aren't in my Sims 3 files I just installed. I saw in another thread something about a registry error and the files could still be there, even if I deleted and uninstalled everything, but I haven't been able to figure out how to find that or fix it. I'm afraid to try to play my one saved game because the home world was Riverview, and I don't have that in my game. I wanted to start up the game without any store content or CC to make sure it ran correctly before I added anything to it, but at least the mods and saved games still show up...somehow...that I still can't quite understand because I did not put the files back in. Sad Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, or maybe I should just add the Mods and Downloads back in and go with it? I have no idea, I just don't want to mess up my game...but really want to play it! Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Feb 2019, 03:00

For now, go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and DELETE the file "scriptcache.package". Start up the game and see if it made any (positive) difference.

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2019, 17:12

Sorry for the long delay in responding!! School has kind of taken over my life at the moment and I have gotten into The Sims 4 as well. I ended up going through my computer and deleting everything related to The Sims 3 and then reinstalling the AIO files. It finally worked and started up exactly as it should! Thanks for all the tips in trying to help! I still have my save file on a flash drive for when I get back in the mood for TS3 and I can always go back and get the mods I need from the Nraas website. Thanks again for the help, and for ALL you do for us!

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed. Yess, aye lieeke!

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top