Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Required game data is missing or damaged". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Required game data is missing or damaged". [SOLVED] Empty "Required game data is missing or damaged". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2019, 22:08

I downloaded and installed the Sims 4 Strangerville update, and now my game won't start WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

I get this error: 

Unable to start:

Cannot start because required gama data is missing or damaged. Please repair or reinstall game via Origin.

Can anyone help? 

I did a quick scan with the validator as I imagine that would be required to get any help Smile

Thank you in advance. 

report:

Back to top Go down

"Required game data is missing or damaged". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Required game data is missing or damaged". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2019, 22:11

What did you use to update the game? G4TW release? What exactly did you download? Post filename(s), that will help.

Back to top Go down

"Required game data is missing or damaged". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Required game data is missing or damaged". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2019, 22:14

I used the Strangerville version from here; I've got the base game and all the DLC from here as well, and the game worked perfectly up until I installed (tried to install?) Strangerville as per the instruction manual WhatDidUJustCallMe? From this link: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34857-the-sims-4-strangerville-out-now-version-1-50-67-1020. I used the direct download option, if that means anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2019, 22:24

I'm asking for the filename because from the validator it seems like you downloaded just the "Game" folder. "The Sims 4 - Strangerville.7z" weights 5.87GB. Is that what you downloaded? Did you get any error when extracting it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2019, 22:53

Hi again!

You asked if I got an error message, so I tried again and it turns out that I got a "maybe the disk is full" error that dissapeared almost too quickly for me to read! I cleared up some space, re-installed the Strangerville DLC, and now it works! 

Thank you so much for your help!

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top