Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 1 - start.exe.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 1 - start.exe. Empty The sims 1 - start.exe.

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2019, 18:11

Hey all,

I recently downloaded the sims 1 from here. I followed the instructions and step 1 is to open start.exe. Sadly, no matter how many times I try, nothing happens when I do it. What do I have to do to install the game?

Back to top Go down

The sims 1 - start.exe. Empty Re: The sims 1 - start.exe.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 03 Apr 2019, 19:26

Sharkie wrote:Hey all,

I recently downloaded the sims 1 from here. I followed the instructions and step 1 is to open start.exe. Sadly, no matter how many times I try, nothing happens when I do it. What do I have to do to install the game?

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

You could right-click on the "Sims.exe" and choose "run as Administrator".

Another idea:

The sims 1 - start.exe. Clipbo10

Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off. In the next window, unfold the "Legacy components"-folder, and MARK the box "Direct Play". Click on OK after that.

That's all I can say for now - good luck ! Smile

P.S. sorry for the belated reply; I myself don't post 'regularly' anymore these days, or at least less regularly than I used to...  Talk to my left hand
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2019, 14:58

I have this same problem and have tried that, but it was already marked. Any other tips? I tried the run as administrator and compatibility mode too.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 09 Apr 2019, 16:53

lisa000 wrote:I have this same problem and have tried that, but it was already marked. Any other tips? I tried the run as administrator and compatibility mode too.

I actually re-downloaded this thing and re-installed. Worked on the very first attempt.

Can you tell me the filesize of your "Sims.exe" that is located in the install directory (after copying the file from the #Crack folder)? On my end it is 2.90MB. Even so, you could try adding the install path of the game to the exclusions in your antivirus, and Windows 10 Defender. 

How to turn off Windows Defender on Windows 10:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

If you have Windows 7 or 8(.1), I believe you can turn it off manually, directly from the program. 

After that, re-copy and re-paste the #Crack-file, into your install directory of the game, and overwrite the existing file of course. Maybe that could work.  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The sims 1 - start.exe. Empty Start.exe not opening

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2019, 06:28

So far, I've tried all of the above to get this to work and still nothing.  I've also re-downloaded the file and tried that.  Is there anything else to do?  I lost all my original discs, so I can't do it that way. Thanks for any help you can give.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2019, 19:18

Eeyore311 wrote:So far, I've tried all of the above to get this to work and still nothing.  I've also re-downloaded the file and tried that.  Is there anything else to do?  I lost all my original discs, so I can't do it that way. Thanks for any help you can give.
In the download for the Sims 1 you'll find a folder Eraser
Open it and run SimsEraser.exe
The restart installation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2019, 21:37

The thing is that the installation guide says that you have to open "start.exe" to install the game, but it's actually the setup.exe on the Setup folder what worked for me, personally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2019, 22:28

I've tried all the steps mentioned above and have the the same issue. Any other tips or suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2020, 07:24

AndieViktorivna wrote:The thing is that the installation guide says that you have to open "start.exe" to install the game, but it's actually the setup.exe on the Setup folder what worked for me, personally.
Hello, I agree with this.. I tried to install with the "start" sims, but it wont come up.
So I tried this method and it works perfectly Smile so thanks for that!

try the "Setup Folder" and the "Setup.exe" there.
if they ask to restart, restart your pc and do click it again after restart Smile

hope this help,
enjoy your nostalgia!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2020, 11:02

I managed to start the installation by opening the folder Setup and then click Setup_(language)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top