Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to upgrade to newer Sims 3 launcher version to disable certain EPs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to upgrade to newer Sims 3 launcher version to disable certain EPs? Empty How to upgrade to newer Sims 3 launcher version to disable certain EPs?

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2019, 17:12

I have recently installed the University Life expansion and I want to disable certain other expansions I already have installed. Following the instructions to download University Life, I patched my game to version 1.67.2.024017 and this version of the launcher does not have the ability to disable or deactivate certain expansion packs for individual game sessions. Any way to safely upgrade the version? Or is there an unofficial alternative?

Back to top Go down

How to upgrade to newer Sims 3 launcher version to disable certain EPs? Empty Re: How to upgrade to newer Sims 3 launcher version to disable certain EPs?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Apr 2019, 15:53

Welcome to the Forum first of all,

ShrekFan1000 wrote:I patched my game to version 1.67.2.024017 and (...) any way to safely upgrade the version? Or is there an unofficial alternative?

If there was a download available for 1.69, you would have come across it.

That being said, the 1.69 version is primarily available only to Origin users. There is an alternative, in the form of ZLOrigin. An introductory guide can be found here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple

Note that we are not associated with the platform that actually creates and maintains the "ZLOrigin". We merely try giving support on that issue as well, alongside our main program of G4TW-releases. Feel free to check them out yourself by googling "ZLO Emu".

Personally I don't recommend using that 1.69 version. The prospect of "turning off" certain DLC seems attractive, but if your computer is strong enough, you might as well just roll with the entire pack. The issue is, you would really have to turn off quite a bunch of DLC in order to feel an improvement in game performance/loading times. Other issues are that this 1.69 version actually needs a bit more system resources to run (because Origin/ZLOrigin have to run simultaneously), and compatibility issues with some mods.

But if you absolutely want to give this a shot, don't get discouraged by the previous paragraph, and by all means tr it yourself.  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top