Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accidental Merging of The Sims 4 folder in Documents and Program Files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Accidental Merging of The Sims 4 folder in Documents and Program Files Empty Accidental Merging of The Sims 4 folder in Documents and Program Files

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2019, 00:11

hola

so pretty self explantry but i accidentally merged the sims 4 folder in documents/electronic arts with the one in program files... now i am scared to start the gamebecause i am afraid it will do something bad to either my pc or the game in general... i am going to screenshot what the folder looks like in hopes that someone can point out which files need to be removed to make it safe to srtat thegame, thx Sad

(i actually deleted the ones which i was sure of like tray, saves, screenies, custom music, last exceptions and las crashes)

SCREENSHOT1 :
Accidental Merging of The Sims 4 folder in Documents and Program Files 352E8jE5QMiCVnGeASyBzw

SCREENSHOT2 :
Accidental Merging of The Sims 4 folder in Documents and Program Files O7aA-oW6TeG-BwgNarsSAQ
also the folder in documents is perfectly okay, it is just the one in profram files one that got effed up Why.

Gatekeeper Edit: images fixed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Accidental Merging of The Sims 4 folder in Documents and Program Files Empty Re: Accidental Merging of The Sims 4 folder in Documents and Program Files

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 May 2019, 00:19

First off, nothing (bad) will happen if you start the game in its current "state". The additional files and folders are ignored by the game.

That said, from Screenshot #1 delete all the files that come after the folder "VideoCameraStates". About that folder, I don't know what exactly that is. But I know it isn't part of the actual game installation. So move or delete that folder out, too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Accidental Merging of The Sims 4 folder in Documents and Program Files Empty Re: Accidental Merging of The Sims 4 folder in Documents and Program Files

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2019, 00:21

The_gh0stm4n wrote:First off, nothing (bad) will happen if you start the game in its current "state". The additional files and folders are ignored by the game.

That said, from Screenshot #1 delete all the files that come after the folder "VideoCameraStates". About that folder, I don't know what exactly that is. But I know it isn't part of the actual game installation. So move or delete that folder out, too.
Thank U so much!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top