Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desk top icon disappeared @anadius. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desk top icon disappeared @anadius. [SOLVED] Empty Desk top icon disappeared @anadius. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2019, 11:32

Hi Anadius

something strange has happened with my quick launch Icon on my desktop, After I downloaded your all in one version, and installing the game on an external HD, I could launch it without problems from my desktop. 

Last night there was an update for windows 10 and now the icon has disappeared. Is there a way to start the game from within the installed game?

thank you in advance

Back to top Go down

Desk top icon disappeared @anadius. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Desk top icon disappeared @anadius. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2019, 11:34

Dont worry, found it Facepalm Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Desk top icon disappeared @anadius. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Desk top icon disappeared @anadius. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 May 2019, 12:30

Loonieloose wrote:Dont worry, found it Facepalm Oh my...

Out of curiosity, was the game installed on an external (Non-C:) drive?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2019, 14:50

Yes, since from my work they have locked down our Laptops and I could not install to
C: drive. They have also installed Avast and I can not enter any exceptions. Now the actual game is installed on an external hard drive and I can play even with documents still on C. Weird. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 May 2019, 20:11

Loonieloose wrote:(...) Weird. Smile

I've heard this happens (sometimes) with Windows updates: during the update process, custom drive letters are "scrambled", and shortcuts may not work again anymore. If that happens, just go to the location where you have the game installed, and re-create a shortcut. Or just start the game directly from one of the .exe files under Game\Bin.

Have fun! Problem solved, topic closed.  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top