Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to change Gallery Creator Name?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to change Gallery Creator Name? Empty How to change Gallery Creator Name?

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2019, 19:56

I have a lot of empty shell BG houses I would love to share to the gallery now that I have the free legal version, but the creator name still says "RLD!" or "CODEX" on it and Im afraid if I upload them the way they are, it will do the original by tag and it will look suspicious.

I heard its possible to do, if so I hope there is a step-by-step to how to do it since I don't edit files often... Thank you!

Back to top Go down

How to change Gallery Creator Name? Empty Re: How to change Gallery Creator Name?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 May 2019, 20:15

HelloLove98 wrote:I would love to share to the gallery now that I have the free legal version, but the creator name still says "RLD!" or "CODEX" on it (...)

I heard its possible to do, if so I hope there is a step-by-step to how to do it since I don't edit files often... Thank you!

//MOVED

I can keep it somewhat short-ish, though you won't like it probably, still. You can't do that.

The houses you created were basically done with the DRM-free (cracked) versions of the game. If you now transfer these items you already did onto the Origin version, it will either not read the items at all, or the DLC items are being removed. And even if you still want to upload these "rump creations", and edit something on them, it will still say something like

Code:
Originally created by CODEX/RLD!

Created by [insert your Origin ID here]

You would basically have to re-create items in your Origin version from scratch. But then again. This game that is now being handed out like candy is really just the most basic version of the base game there is. Good for downloading Gallery items and transferring them to the cracked thereafter, but not much else.

And even if you'd still want to create items from scratch there, you'd really just have access to base game items, and no DLC.

If anybody else has a second opinion, I suppose they are welcome to share it here, but I'm pretty sure I'm not far "off the mark", if at all.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How to change Gallery Creator Name? Empty Re: How to change Gallery Creator Name?

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2019, 21:42

@The_gh0stm4n

The houses still show up in the Origin game but they show the icon that lets you that the item uses dlc.

I figured I was going to have to rebuild them... I don't mind lol thank you for the reply btw

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 May 2019, 21:47

HelloLove98 wrote:@The_gh0stm4n

The houses still show up in the Origin game but they show the icon that lets you that the item uses dlc.

I figured I was going to have to rebuild them... I don't mind lol thank you for the reply btw

Maybe the DLC items that the houses use are not immediately removed. But once you upload them to the actual Gallery I'm pretty sure they will. Again, second opinions are welcome, if there are any.

Not sure if that game design was deliberate, but if it was, then that is..."wickedly good", for a lack of a better expression. EA know that a major way of 'getting involved in The Sims 4 community' is through these Gallery creations, and that a lot of people are interested in it. And in order to get involved you must have at least a base game, and preferably some DLC as well. 

As it stands, even if you make use of free giveaways like the current one, and also try making use of DLC discounts, the game overall is probably too expensive for the average person.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top