Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] Empty The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED]

Post by grieralexander Thu 06 Jun 2019, 01:40

According to few online Sims 4 retailers, the newest expansion pack will be Island Living. Other's had mentioned Island Paradise as a name. What it entails as far as game play is still a mystery. Some say it will bring the capacity to be able to swim on shorelines, etc. If the new world would be a vacation world or a regular living world?, your guess is as good as mine. Take this as a widespread rumor, until proven otherwise, since EA has not made an official announcement concerning their next EP in the series. WHat we know for now is that they are doing a complete overhaul of the game in June, in which they will discontinue support for 32 bit systems. As I come acroos reliable information, I would kepp you informed. Good job!

Gatekeeper Edit: topic title slightly improved/updated.

- The_gh0stm4n
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jun 2019, 16:23

I believe we will get some info this Saturday Wink

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED]

Post by Sim Architect Thu 06 Jun 2019, 20:24

Swim on shorelines without an open world? How would that work?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Fri 07 Jun 2019, 01:04

Sim Architect wrote:Swim on shorelines without an open world? How would that work?
I guess and it is just my guess that it will be limited to the lot you are in. Right now we can jog to some places, like on the island in Windenburg, so my best bet would be a vacation beach front world. There was someone that was working on an Island paradise mod a while back and was working on making lots with pools to look like beaches. Like I said, so far it is just a rumor, although is pretty wide spread and EA Guru's have not dismiss it yet.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Fri 07 Jun 2019, 12:28

I think it will be nice to play a non-laggy version of the sims 3's island paradise. 

As far as swimming in the ocean without open world, there are places you can use, on each lot, that isn't in the editable lot part. It can be something like that. 
It's a pack I wanted to see for a while, I hope the rumours are true Very Happy
Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2019, 19:29

Dropping some info found on Origin website (can't access it yet but the page loads all this stuff if you know where to look).

Code:
https://data1.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/SIMS4EP7_ORIGIN_Interstitial-bg_3840x2160_en_WW.jpg/3bbd70e6-47ae-49fe-88fa-edc3af35490e/original.jpg

Code:
https://data1.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/SIMS4EP7_ORIGIN_GDP_BG_4800x1200_en_WW.jpg/93afb625-f5cb-4e35-9f5d-087f7f941f1f/original.jpg

Code:
https://data2.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/TS4_EP07_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_01_002_4K.jpg/0996edc5-3dba-464f-9708-6aea9a2e9a60/original.jpg

Code:
https://data3.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/TS4_EP07_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_02_003_4K.jpg/d4bc81b9-66c2-4c05-bf51-99c27a2d14f6/original.jpg

Code:
https://data4.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/TS4_EP07_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_03_002_4K.jpg/3a808ec7-17a2-40d8-a8f5-b88e63185feb/original.jpg

Code:
https://data1.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/TS4_EP07_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_04_002_4K.jpg/0a164a03-c329-4022-964f-7d860eabe8cc/original.jpg

Code:
https://data2.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/ts4_ep7_mermaids_pdp_prefeature_3840x1600_en_ww_v1.jpg/002a51f5-9d9f-4de2-8aeb-c6f6271bbc17/original.jpg

Warm Sands & the Ocean Blue
Discover a new paradise that’s yours to explore, from the heart of the island to the ocean’s blue depths. For the first time ever, take your adventures to the sea with all-new water gameplay. Canoe, swim, dive & snorkel to your heart’s content!

Set Sail for Sulani
Take a break from the hustle & bustle and head to Sulani, where the sands are warm and the locals are friendly. Start an inspiring career that enhances the island’s beauty, watch baby turtles hatch or relax by working on your tan. The freedom to chill is yours.

Relax in Sulani
The sun shines bright on the beautiful islands of Sulani. Dive into the glistening waters where you can paddle a canoe & swim with dolphins. Take to the beaches to build a sand castle, catch some rays & even meet a mermaid!

Pitch In & Help Out
Go green & become a conservationist by cleaning up the beaches. Watch your Sims’ impact bloom all over the island. Take to the waves as a fisherman, diver or lifeguard. Or take a more laid-back approach by performing odd jobs or fishing for your Sims’ next meal. Go green & become a conservationist by cleaning up the beaches. Watch your Sims’ impact bloom all over the island. Take to the waves as a fisherman, diver or lifeguard. Or take a more laid-back approach by performing odd jobs or fishing for your Sims’ next meal.

Island Vibes
Dress your Sims in tropical garb inspired by the sun, sand and waves. Turn your beach home into a rustic oasis, then unwind at the tiki bar. Everything is chill (except for the occasional sunburn) here on the island.

Experience Local Culture
Tradition runs deep in Sulani: let your Sims experience everything it has to offer. Attend a pit barbecue event, learn about local folklore, taste tropical delicacies and chat with island elders.

Freezer Bunny Edit: links put into 'codes'.

- Freezer Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 08 Jun 2019, 14:17

anadius wrote:Dropping some info found on Origin website (can't access it yet but the page loads all this stuff if you know where to look).

Code:
https://data1.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/SIMS4EP7_ORIGIN_Interstitial-bg_3840x2160_en_WW.jpg/3bbd70e6-47ae-49fe-88fa-edc3af35490e/original.jpg

Code:
https://data1.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/SIMS4EP7_ORIGIN_GDP_BG_4800x1200_en_WW.jpg/93afb625-f5cb-4e35-9f5d-087f7f941f1f/original.jpg

Code:
https://data2.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/TS4_EP07_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_01_002_4K.jpg/0996edc5-3dba-464f-9708-6aea9a2e9a60/original.jpg

Code:
https://data3.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/TS4_EP07_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_02_003_4K.jpg/d4bc81b9-66c2-4c05-bf51-99c27a2d14f6/original.jpg

Code:
https://data4.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/TS4_EP07_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_03_002_4K.jpg/3a808ec7-17a2-40d8-a8f5-b88e63185feb/original.jpg

Code:
https://data1.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/TS4_EP07_OFFICIAL_SCREEN_04_002_4K.jpg/0a164a03-c329-4022-964f-7d860eabe8cc/original.jpg

Code:
https://data2.origin.com/asset/content/dam/originx/web/app/games/the-sims/the-sims-4-island-living/ts4_ep7_mermaids_pdp_prefeature_3840x1600_en_ww_v1.jpg/002a51f5-9d9f-4de2-8aeb-c6f6271bbc17/original.jpg

Warm Sands & the Ocean Blue
Discover a new paradise that’s yours to explore, from the heart of the island to the ocean’s blue depths. For the first time ever, take your adventures to the sea with all-new water gameplay. Canoe, swim, dive & snorkel to your heart’s content!

Set Sail for Sulani
Take a break from the hustle & bustle and head to Sulani, where the sands are warm and the locals are friendly. Start an inspiring career that enhances the island’s beauty, watch baby turtles hatch or relax by working on your tan. The freedom to chill is yours.

Relax in Sulani
The sun shines bright on the beautiful islands of Sulani. Dive into the glistening waters where you can paddle a canoe & swim with dolphins. Take to the beaches to build a sand castle, catch some rays & even meet a mermaid!

Pitch In & Help Out
Go green & become a conservationist by cleaning up the beaches. Watch your Sims’ impact bloom all over the island. Take to the waves as a fisherman, diver or lifeguard. Or take a more laid-back approach by performing odd jobs or fishing for your Sims’ next meal. Go green & become a conservationist by cleaning up the beaches. Watch your Sims’ impact bloom all over the island. Take to the waves as a fisherman, diver or lifeguard. Or take a more laid-back approach by performing odd jobs or fishing for your Sims’ next meal.

Island Vibes
Dress your Sims in tropical garb inspired by the sun, sand and waves. Turn your beach home into a rustic oasis, then unwind at the tiki bar. Everything is chill (except for the occasional sunburn) here on the island.

Experience Local Culture
Tradition runs deep in Sulani: let your Sims experience everything it has to offer. Attend a pit barbecue event, learn about local folklore, taste tropical delicacies and chat with island elders.

Freezer Bunny Edit: links put into 'codes'.

- Freezer Bunny

Thanks, Anadius! I used the information you shared here to make a NEW POST on my website!

How is everybody doing?

Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 08 Jun 2019, 21:34

grieralexander wrote:What we know for now is that they are doing a complete overhaul of the game in June, in which they will discontinue support for 32 bit systems. 

Uh oh. I can see it coming.

"Why can't I play The Sims 4 anymore [with my banana netbook]??!!111"

On the other hand, I'm sure that most of these computers - even the cheap supermarket laptops - should be 64-bit-capable, in the year 2019. I also wonder if, and to what extent, system requirements are going to be upped with that rumored-DLC.

//EDIT

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Sun 09 Jun 2019, 00:25

I really love that trailer, very exited about a pack after a long time. Can't wait to play it. I see myself not getting bored from this pack I have to admit
Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] Empty Sims 4 Island living Pack is coming June 21, 2019

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jun 2019, 00:57

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] Sims-4-islanf
CREDIT: EA

The Sims 4 is getting a new expansion pack called “Island Living” this summer, as revealed at EA Play on Saturday.

The expansion will bring lots of water activities for Sims to do, from snorkeling and jet skiing to just enjoying the water and sand or sunbathing on the beach. Sims can also interact with new wildlife, including dolphins. Oh, and did we mention there are mermaids?

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] Mermaids

The new expansion pack “Island Living” is coming June 21 to PC and Mac, and July 16 to consoles.

Of course, with an island-spirit inspired expansion pack comes plenty of tropical, bright fashions for Sims to wear. Plus, there are also new hairstyles and accessories to enjoy.

While all of the beach activities and clothes is well and good, there’s also an active volcano on the island to add a little chaos to the pack.

To add a bit of real world influence to the game, the expansion pack has players trying to conserve the island’s ecosystem. Players that take good care of the island through measures such as cleaning up waste will see the island grow more lush and beautiful. In addition to being a conservationist, other jobs like being a lifeguard.

The news of the “Island Living” pack come as a part of EA Play’s presentation ahead of E3 2019.

Gatekeeper Edit: merged.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 09 Jun 2019, 01:34

OK, My friends, It is Official, I am watching EA play and next expansion will be Island Living, will be back to share details later!
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Jun 2019, 01:48

grieralexander wrote:OK, My friends, It is Official, I am watching EA play and next expansion will be Island Living, will be back to share details later!

Sure.  Carlos is tha man

That "overhaul patch" will probably be included/released (on here), alongside the actual DLC. As usual, that patch will come out a few days before the actual DLC, so it's not likely there will be a crack just for the patch.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 09 Jun 2019, 02:17

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
grieralexander wrote:OK, My friends, It is Official, I am watching EA play and next expansion will be Island Living, will be back to share details later!

Sure.  Carlos is tha man

That "overhaul patch" will probably be included/released (on here), alongside the actual DLC. As usual, that patch will come out a few days before the actual DLC, so it's not likely there will be a crack just for the patch.
Update: The Island will be a regular world with an archipelago of Islands, I guess like and Island Paradise take off. They did not mention if swimming would be available on all beach fronts specifically, so we will have to wait and see, maybe that is part of the overhaul? We will be to construct on beach front properties and on the Ocean, which is neat. I am psyched about the mermaids, since in Sims 3 all my sims were Tritons or Mermaids. We also have dolphins as a creature we can interact and befriend. For what I understood the "Island" is an enclosed environment, and I have no idea how much liberty of travel within the Island we will have before we get a loading screen. Other anouncements will be that the next Game Pack will be Magic, so for all the fans of Harry Potter, there you go! The release day for the new DLC is June 18th for PC and Mac and the Magic Game Pack will come out later in the Fall. Almost forget! A new Stuff pack will also come out later after the Island living dedicated to the new fashion Sims brand Mochinno and a new career will be included in that stuff pack, which will be fashion photographer. I think I covered all the main points; until then I'll bite my nails until the release! I is confused
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jun 2019, 09:38

grieralexander wrote:The release day for the new DLC is June 18th for PC and Mac
Small correction. That's the release date of the pre-DLC update containing pride items. DLC comes out on 21st. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Tue 11 Jun 2019, 01:50

Thanks to @Anadius for the correction, actually is the patch that will be released on the 18th! As @Anadius mentioned the pride items will be part of the patch as well as some changes, specially for CAS. In CAS we will be able to randomize traits! At least 2 new traits will be available for CAS: Child of the Island and Child of the Ocean. Also, at least 3 new traits for lots: Ocean paradise and Off-grid. Eyes costumization (pupil) will be another aspect introduced with the patch, but it only applies to mermaids in their (second form?) So, my guess is that it will only be usable after the EP is launched. There will be 10 to 12 lots available, have no idea how many there will be available for living. Like I mentioned in my previous update, I have no idea if we will get loading screens when leaving a lot to reach another, since they have mentioned the ability to use the jetski to get from one place to the other, withing the islands in the new map.
Mermaids will be a full occult and there are many aspects to them, so it will be something worth exploring as news come out. The EA Play embargo lifts in June 11th (tomorrow) so I expect that many details will surface then. Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 11 Jun 2019, 09:34

Using the jet-ski to move around might mean some sort of open(ish) world feature then?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Tue 11 Jun 2019, 21:07

Sim Architect wrote:Using the jet-ski to move around might mean some sort of open(ish) world feature then?
I thought so, but listen to this: 
UPDATE: It has been brought to my attention by several other Game Changers who attended the special live stream event that EA never confirmed that they are working on updating other worlds, but instead said they wouldn’t “close the door” on it.
Additionally, Polish fansite DotSim released a mega post article detailing this portion of the stream, and they too are confirming the same as above. Below is a translated quote from SimGuruJill who hosted this special live stream.
“We talked a lot about it before. We are not closing the option of upgrading existing worlds, nor are we closing ourselves to adding ocean swimming in future worlds, but at this moment we had to focus on creating this option in The Sims 4 Island life – said SimGuruJill during the closed show.”

So for what I understood, correct me if I'm wrong, Swimming only in the Sulani Archipelago Sad . However, reading between the lines, since none of the game changers have answered my question yet, I think Sulani would be like an open world? I certainly hope so; I don't want to be riding a jetski to another island or a coral reef and get a loading screen, that would be bad.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 11 Jun 2019, 21:28

grieralexander wrote:
Sim Architect wrote:Using the jet-ski to move around might mean some sort of open(ish) world feature then?
I thought so, but listen to this: 
UPDATE: It has been brought to my attention by several other Game Changers who attended the special live stream event that EA never confirmed that they are working on updating other worlds, but instead said they wouldn’t “close the door” on it.
Additionally, Polish fansite DotSim released a mega post article detailing this portion of the stream, and they too are confirming the same as above. Below is a translated quote from SimGuruJill who hosted this special live stream.
“We talked a lot about it before. We are not closing the option of upgrading existing worlds, nor are we closing ourselves to adding ocean swimming in future worlds, but at this moment we had to focus on creating this option in The Sims 4 Island life – said SimGuruJill during the closed show.”

So for what I understood, correct me if I'm wrong, Swimming only in the Sulani Archipelago Sad . However, reading between the lines, since none of the game changers have answered my question yet, I think Sulani would be like an open world? I certainly hope so; I don't want to be riding a jetski to another island or a coral reef and get a loading screen, that would be bad.

That's what I thought might happen, perhaps they have an open world for this specific expansion. I don't see much of an ocean in the other worlds, aren't the water bodies small there? There's some sort of open world going on in the sense we can see what happens on neighboring lots, but when we walk to some of them we get the waiting screen. It's like they did something like an "open world" where you need a loading screen to move to another "chunk" (Minecraft analogy).

No matter what happens, I wish people enjoy. I hope I get more into Minecraft, since I pay to keep my server on line for about three years already, but I didn't use it much during this time (I tend to play for a while, then go away). Not sure how things will turn out, but I hope that more people can enjoy it as well. My plan allows for up to 10 simultaneous players, I think, which tends to be enough for the size of our community.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Tue 11 Jun 2019, 21:52

OK, I just got an answer from one of the Game changers that actually went to LA and played. Sulani will be an open world for the most part, which means that you will be able to ride the jetski from one place to another without a loading screen. Also we will have PJ sail boats, like those Islanders use, so I imagine the mod creators will soon come out with an array of water crafts! Another question that got answered is that they actually improved on the mermaids compared to Sims 3, they apparently have made the trait more interesting than just having a tail and be able to swim underwater; unlike sims 3 the mermaids will not have scaly legs in their human form and also they will be able to use jetski and sailboats in their human form, which was something that in Sims 3 was not possible, since they swam everywhere.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Wed 12 Jun 2019, 03:18

Update: Island Living lot breakdownThe Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] Tumblr14
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 12 Jun 2019, 07:56

Interesting... You know what that means...

Perhaps, in a not so far future, we might get...

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] FoolhardyInsecureFinnishspitz-size_restricted
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Wed 12 Jun 2019, 10:41

So far from the videos of the game changers I watched I can say for sure:
-No swimming in the ocean outside of Sulani.
-The open worldish thing is like the rest of the game, just a lot more ocean space than other worlds so we can use aqua zips and canoes. You can move freely inside the neighborhoods, not Sulani.
-You can't see your Sims when they dive, it's like a rabbit hole. I give a minus point because of this to this pack.
-Mermaids seem to be more advanced than sims 3 this is a plus but I think it would be better if they could dive. A primary trait of mermaids, imo, is that they can breathe under water. I see a lost opportunity to make a mermaid lot, which is under water and you can visit either with a mermaid or scuba gear.
-You still have loading screens to travel from lot to lot, you can just use the aqua zips and canoes to move around the neighborhood without changing the lot.

There are pretty good build and buy mode items, I really love the new outfits. The world of Sulani is also beautiful.

Don't expect too much from the pack so you won't be disappointed.
Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 12 Jun 2019, 11:25

Unesty wrote:So far from the videos of the game changers I watched I can say for sure:
-No swimming in the ocean outside of Sulani.
-The open worldish thing is like the rest of the game, just a lot more ocean space than other worlds so we can use aqua zips and canoes. You can move freely inside the neighborhoods, not Sulani.
-You can't see your Sims when they dive, it's like a rabbit hole. I give a minus point because of this to this pack.
-Mermaids seem to be more advanced than sims 3 this is a plus but I think it would be better if they could dive. A primary trait of mermaids, imo, is that they can breathe under water. I see a lost opportunity to make a mermaid lot, which is under water and you can visit either with a mermaid or scuba gear.
-You still have loading screens to travel from lot to lot, you can just use the aqua zips and canoes to move around the neighborhood without changing the lot.

There are pretty good build and buy mode items, I really love the new outfits. The world of Sulani is also beautiful.

Cool! So you can move around, but you can't actually interact with another lot's content until you cross a waiting screen.

I guess they can do the same with cars in the future.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Jun 2019, 23:48

Unesty wrote:-No swimming in the ocean outside of Sulani.

(...)

(...)

Well, at least the DLC attempts to give a feeling of summer/vacation/etc. And that's all that counts!!111  Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 13 Jun 2019, 09:13

Yes, and if we want a better game we can always go back to The Sims 3, or Minecraft...

The Sims 4: Island Living Expansion Coming Soon?? [CLOSED] Giphy10
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top