Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have tried everything...0xc0000142 error + OrangeEmu64. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have tried everything...0xc0000142 error + OrangeEmu64. [SOLVED] Empty I have tried everything...0xc0000142 error + OrangeEmu64. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2019, 05:09

Hey guys,

I have been trying to install and play the all-in-one Sims 4 by anadius for about 2 weeks now. 
I have tried absolutely everything and I am in desperate need of help. 
Please note that I have read every single topic about this on this forum and searched google for ages. Still have not been able to solve this.

I have installed the all-in-one on my virtual machine (Windows 7 SP1 x64). This virtual machine runs on a Mac (VMWare Fusion). I have never had any issues with Sims games running through a VM and I used to have the Sims 4 base game + a few expansion packs from TPB on there. It ran perfectly fine (uninstalled them + deleted the VM and reinstalled long ago). I do not have origin installed anywhere, never have.

I keep getting an OrangeEmu64.dll (Hello Wink) error followed by a 0xc0000142 error. I have tried EVERY SINGLE SUGGESTION given in all the topics about this and everywhere on google + youtube. It's driving me crazy. There should be absolutely no issues running this game yet I still can't. I cannot tell you how many things I have tried. 

No antivirus running whatsoever, no firewall issues, everything installed perfectly. Etc etc etc etc. Is this a virtual machine issue? I can't find the HYPER-V on the list when you go to Turn windows features on/off. Tried the whole BIOS thing, couldn't find it there either. Have all the Visual C++ versions, directx. Used the Codex crack. The list goes on.

Please help Sad Sad it's never taken me this long to install a game. I can always find a way around it but this is something else.

Thank you for reading this.

Back to top Go down

I have tried everything...0xc0000142 error + OrangeEmu64. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I have tried everything...0xc0000142 error + OrangeEmu64. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Jun 2019, 06:42

Welcome to the Forum first of al,

rogerthat wrote:Is this a virtual machine issue? (...)

Yes, it is about this "virtualization" aspect. And no, I could not give any advice beyond that, apart from using a different system for playing TS4 if possible.

Another example I recall are the people from America using this "Shadow" gaming system (connecting to game servers and playing hardware-demanding games, without themselves having a strong computer in their homes; everything is done by the servers they connect to). That system also uses some form of virtualization, for which there is no way around. So the people using "Shadow" apparently cannot run The Sims 4 either.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

I have tried everything...0xc0000142 error + OrangeEmu64. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I have tried everything...0xc0000142 error + OrangeEmu64. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jun 2019, 04:15

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Welcome to the Forum first of al,

rogerthat wrote:Is this a virtual machine issue? (...)

Yes, it is about this "virtualization" aspect. And no, I could not give any advice beyond that, apart from using a different system for playing TS4 if possible.

Another example I recall are the people from America using this "Shadow" gaming system (connecting to game servers and playing hardware-demanding games, without themselves having a strong computer in their homes; everything is done by the servers they connect to). That system also uses some form of virtualization, for which there is no way around. So the people using "Shadow" apparently cannot run The Sims 4 either.

Hello,
Thank you so much for your response. I wonder why it was fine with all the other expansion packs I had before? (Sims 4). I had them installed up to Get to work & it worked great on the Windows 7 SP1 virtual machine. I had uninstalled it just to gain space at the time. Would you have any idea why that worked and this doesn't now?

I've never heard of the "Shadow" gaming system, interesting that it's having the same problem.
Thanks for your time, once again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jun 2019, 09:13

Up to Cats & Dogs crack was made by RELOADED. Then, for Laundry Day Stuff and Jungle Adventure someone else made the crack, but based it on the one from RELOADED. After that, starting from My First Pet Stuff, CODEX makes it.

Basically crack from CODEX has some kind of protection so people can't tamper with it. And it gets triggered when detects any form of virtualization. So you've got those options:
1. Install DLCs up to Jungle Adventure (download all from G4TW or download The.Sims.4.Cats.and.Dogs-RELOADED + Laundry Day Stuff and Jungle Adventure from G4TW).
2. Use ZLOrigin. (needs to be online to start the game)
3. Use bootcamp instead of virtual machine. And that's what I'd recommend the most.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Jun 2019, 16:39

Not much to add to what anadius said before, except maybe one thing. Some people have told me that Mac-hardware seems to be...somewhat frail. Well I don't know if that is the right word to use in the context here. But basically running bootcamp on Mac computers seems to take a toll hardware-wise. Due to not having any meaningful experience myself with Mac computers I am unable to confirm or deny that. I thought nonetheless to bring it up here.

rogerthat wrote:
I've never heard of the "Shadow" gaming system, interesting that it's having the same problem.

The basic idea of that is that people are able to run (even hardware-demanding) PC games, kind of "through the internet". So you don't need to have a bada$$ gaming machine at home, as everything is calculated and rendered on remote servers. The only thing you need is a decently-fast internet.

Speaking of the devil named Shadow, someone opened a topic about it as I see right now, here.  Haters gonna hate

That being said, in the long run it's probably cheaper to invest in a good gaming desktop PC for home use, if someone is really a "gamer".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2019, 01:34

anadius wrote:Up to Cats & Dogs crack was made by RELOADED. Then, for Laundry Day Stuff and Jungle Adventure someone else made the crack, but based it on the one from RELOADED. After that, starting from My First Pet Stuff, CODEX makes it.

Basically crack from CODEX has some kind of protection so people can't tamper with it. And it gets triggered when detects any form of virtualization. So you've got those options:
1. Install DLCs up to Jungle Adventure (download all from G4TW or download The.Sims.4.Cats.and.Dogs-RELOADED + Laundry Day Stuff and Jungle Adventure from G4TW).
2. Use ZLOrigin. (needs to be online to start the game)
3. Use bootcamp instead of virtual machine. And that's what I'd recommend the most.

Thank you so much for all this information, anadius. It is super helpful & everything makes a lot of sense now. I'll give one of these 3 options a go.
Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2019, 01:39

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Not much to add to what anadius said before, except maybe one thing. Some people have told me that Mac-hardware seems to be...somewhat frail. Well I don't know if that is the right word to use in the context here. But basically running bootcamp on Mac computers seems to take a toll hardware-wise. Due to not having any meaningful experience myself with Mac computers I am unable to confirm or deny that. I thought nonetheless to bring it up here.

rogerthat wrote:

The basic idea of that is that people are able to run (even hardware-demanding) PC games, kind of "through the internet". So you don't need to have a bada$$ gaming machine at home, as everything is calculated and rendered on remote servers. The only thing you need is a decently-fast internet.

Speaking of the devil named Shadow, someone opened a topic about it as I see right now, here.  Haters gonna hate

That being said, in the long run it's probably cheaper to invest in a good gaming desktop PC for home use, if someone is really a "gamer".

Thank you so much, The_gh0stm4n. I really appreciate all the advice and the info. 
It's true, investing in a good gaming desktop would be the best thing to do. Might get to it one day Smile. I have a lot of experience with Mac's, they really aren't built for gaming..but I try! Hehe.
Good to know about Shadow as well. 
Thanks again.  cheers

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed.  Carlos is tha man

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top