Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Origin Base Game crashing and not loading EPs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Origin Base Game crashing and not loading EPs  Empty Sims 3 Origin Base Game crashing and not loading EPs

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2019, 18:46

Hi there I'm really in need of help,

Basically I already had the sims 3 downloaded from origin and a few stuff and expansion packs (they were originally physical copies I put onto origin with their serial codes if that makes any difference) on my laptop but I decided to torrent a few more packs for my game. I have managed to do this before on my old PC but the games were from their disks and not origin downloads.

I spent an hour allowing the manual patch to download for it to not work when I open it up to apply it, it just says there is no version of the sims 3 installed on my laptop, maybe because it is through Origin. 

I ignored this assuming it would be fine and downloaded 3 expansion packs and 2 stuff packs which all downloaded fine, I followed all the steps exactly as told and put the crack in the Origin Games file as my base game is downloaded from there but the game just does not work. It either straight up refuses to load from the origin launcher or just has a black screen then crashes from the Game>Bin launcher of the origin base game, I also tried the Island Paradise Game>Bin launcher too it does the same thing. I did notice the 5 ep/sps I downloaded are all downloaded onto my actual PC and not the Origin Games file which possibly could be causing the issue too.

Can anyone help? I don't know how to install the manual patch to my origin base game I presume thats why but I don't really know how to.

Many thanks

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Origin Base Game crashing and not loading EPs  Empty Re: Sims 3 Origin Base Game crashing and not loading EPs

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Jun 2019, 19:36

Hello and welcome to the Forum @ddbb208,

Can you confirm that the patch version of your Sims 3/Origin base game is 1.69? If indeed you can confirm that, it means (probably) that you cannot use any of the pirated DLC. Regardless whether from G4TW or elsewhere.

Your best shot in such a case would be to grab a DRM-free (=cracked) complete collection of the game, for example this one here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33217-the-sims-3-complete-collection-g4tw-aio-repack

By the way, while there is a DRM-free version for the 1.69 patch too, for example on ZLOrigin, I do not recommend using it. One reason is that this version is more hardware-hungry than the 1.67 version. Another reason is a lack of mod support. 

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top