Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are there other things besides The Sims, that interest you?

Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 7 ]
Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 30 ]
Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 17 ]
Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 25 ]
Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 14 ]
Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 23 ]
Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 22 ]
Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 144

Poll closed

Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 Empty Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 03 Jul 2019, 22:17

First topic message reminder :

So after helping Sim Architect testing one or two small things regarding a Minecraft server - we probably won't be using it for G4TW, though it does give us a first glance of what that new 1.14 update "feels like"...a new general update/commentary for you.

1) The Sims 4 Island Living - a true disappointment ?

Yes. Haters gonna hate So it is summer, and after some initial speculations about The Sims 4 ("Island Living will be a ground-breaking DLC!!"), the excitement seems to have worn down pretty quickly. Just like with all of these Sims 4 DLC. In fact, it wore down much quicker than I myself actually anticipated.

On that end, many thanks again for your Support on our release! Starting with the people supporting our ads (as un-pleasant as it can be at times), the people helping out on these Forums, the people who have helped seeding this thing right from the start, and the people who keep up seeding in general. This download spread very quickly. 

Brief comment on the adverts: those of you who downloaded from the beginning noticed the "video" that was part of bypassing these ads. After consulting with Admin ~Ann~, we are going to remove these videos one week after the announcement. The videos will only be present in the download links for new releases.

Slightly off-topic, people have also messaged me, "wishing they lived near such beautiful beaches as in TS4 Island Living". Well, I've been on many "beautiful beaches". And back in the days it was already getting pretty crowded and dirty. Today it's even worse. Unless you pay for some very expensive tour leading you to some remote location, you're not likely going to see images from TS4 Island Living in real life.

2) Quick notice on the download links

So yes, to our surprise the original direct download for G4TW's Island Living repack has its bandwidth depleted in no time, and it seems that despite best efforts to point to the tutorial about importing the item to your own GoogleDrives, it seemed a lot of people were still unfamiliar with this general format. 

It goes to show, however, that ISP surveillance especially in the so-called "Five Eyes"-countries (and I'm not yet even including Anglo-American vasall states like Germany or France), has become almost ubiquitous. A very effective anti-piracy means, I must credit the Anglo-American administrations for that.

We will be trying to keep up posting GoogleDrive direct downloads, maybe use MediaFire & Uptobox as well, but nonetheless I'd still urge people to consider saving up for a good VPN service, so that you can torrent safely. Examples include in our opinion NordVPN, Windscribe, VPN.ac, ProtonVPN & Perfect privacy.

You probably also noticed that we have now removed .torrent files for additional stability, and so far everything's looking fine on that end.

We've also put some safeguards in place, to make it harder for these "piracy takedown bots", to scavenge these Forums and report the download links. Again, so far so effective.

3) New stuff

So with that being out of the way now, is there anything else you people would like to see? I've added a poll to this announcement with a few options; more options can be added depending on what you post in the comments below.

Back in the days I used to play lots of the old GTA titles, so I suppose I can "boast" of some knowledge in that game series. People also used to bug us about a GTA V release here, a prospect though, that I'm not too thrilled about. It's basically a download that likely would be large in size...for a singleplayer campaign that is not even that great in my opinion. When I myself start up GTA V on Steam, then I mostly log onto the "GTA Online" part, though nowadays not even that often anymore. Too many cheaters on PC, and overpowered rocket bikes to have any fun in the game. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

I was going to do more on the Indie Corner as well, when people at first started complaining (and I assume reporting) the old G4TW Facebook Page, in consequence of which the page was eventually banned/deleted. It's to be expected that if we use Twitter or that new Games4theworldclub-YouTube channel, they may bear the same fate.

But as stated in the above paragraphs, a lot of the riff-raff seems to have been overcome, and now we can do more stuff (hopefully)! So feel free to vote in the poll and/or comment below on what (else) you'd like to see here. Multiple choices are possible in that poll as well.

P.S. because it has come up on occasion, we don't really want to do movies or TV shows. Unless in isolated cases and specific to a gaming-related topic, we won't be dwelling in that area. These items attract too much heat.

Haters gonna hate

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 22 Apr 2020, 23:26; edited 5 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE]

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2019, 01:54

Project zomboid is like a weird altenative sims 1 where the maps overrun by zombies I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Oct 2019, 21:06

creolejelly wrote:I have been really into project zomboid, and would love to see it here. Because you guys really keep up with updates and thats like all they do considering its been "early" for like 10 years  Help WhatDidUJustCallMe?. LOL

creolejelly wrote:Project zomboid is like a weird altenative sims 1 where the maps overrun by zombies I tip my fedora.

Welcome to the G4TW Forums @creolejelly and thanks for the message,  

I've never played it myself, though I think I watched a few videos about it. Hasn't that been "in early access", in like...forever?? Haters gonna hate Very Happy  But it's an Indie game, so it's catching my interest.

And most Indie games are also small in their download size, so they can be (re-)seeded very easily too.

Will note it down, and since Halloween is coming soon, I was trying to do something there as well... What a Face

The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2019, 01:29

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
creolejelly wrote:I have been really into project zomboid, and would love to see it here. Because you guys really keep up with updates and thats like all they do considering its been "early" for like 10 years  Help WhatDidUJustCallMe?. LOL

creolejelly wrote:Project zomboid is like a weird altenative sims 1 where the maps overrun by zombies I tip my fedora.

Welcome to the G4TW Forums @creolejelly and thanks for the message,  

I've never played it myself, though I think I watched a few videos about it. Hasn't that been "in early access", in like...forever?? Haters gonna hate Very Happy  But it's an Indie game, so it's catching my interest.

And most Indie games are also small in their download size, so they can be (re-)seeded very easily too.

Will note it down, and since Halloween is coming soon, I was trying to do something there as well... What a Face
Im super excited!  Carlos is tha man!!! Dedicated to Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Nov 2019, 14:11

creolejelly wrote:
Im super excited!  Carlos is tha man!!! Dedicated to Carlos

Oof, I died on my first "sandbox" run after a measly 5 minutes or so (that's what I get for not properly reading the section in the options about key bindings! Killkillkillkill!  ). I also have the game on Steam, and might see if we can grab us some of these Workshop items/mods, later on!

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2019, 14:37

Hey everyone Don't know if it's still allowed but planet zoo would be pretty cool. Really gives me the sims vibes and I've been bingewatching sims youtubers play it all day. Thanks for the consideration ( and just the work you guys do overall)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Nov 2019, 16:47

michalovesanime wrote:Hey everyone Don't know if it's still allowed but planet zoo would be pretty cool. Really gives me the sims vibes and I've been bingewatching sims youtubers play it all day. Thanks for the consideration ( and just the work you guys do overall)

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @michalovesanime,

Of course you can bring it up. But isn't that from the same developer as that Planet Coaster? Meaning that it will use the "Denuvo DRM"? 

Edit: yes, according to Steam, it uses Denuvo, oof. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  So it will take a while to get cracked. But even if ... it's going to be awkward to use. I myself got a while back my hands on a cracked version of Planet Coaster, and before starting up the game you have to use that intermediary program to create that fake Denuvo-licence, so it can be a bit tedious to use.

Frankly though, this is one of the instances where I'd recommend buying this game on Steam when it goes on discount (Black Friday, Christmas, etc.), if you absolutely want it.

I got myself the Planet Coaster for 10 Euros on Steam, but just the base game. It seems that meanwhile there are tons of expensive mini-DLC out as well ...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2019, 16:49

That makes sense, thanks for the reply!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Nov 2019, 14:15

Also, I thought I just make (another) post here, to thank those people who also help seeding our Indie Corner games! Woot!

Happy B-day! 

Over the course of time, I will be elaborating and "fine-tuning" that side-project even more. But so far I didn't really get to do so, for various reasons. Many issues on the Forum here, real-life responsibilities, getting older in general, etc.

G4TW is basically like a hobby for everyone of us, therefore time/energy/resources are tight when it comes to developing new ideas and stuff. But I feel that slowly & surely, we will get there too!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 Empty Planet Zoo

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 15:33

Planet Zoo (Deluxe Edition)??? Is there any hope this game will ever be here? I would love to play it  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 15:39

Kittekassitar wrote:Planet Zoo (Deluxe Edition)??? Is there any hope this game will ever be here? I would love to play it  Smile

You posted in the wrong thread before, but no worries. Razz

I think someone else already mentioned it, but it will be hard to crack, and ... it might be better to just buy that type of game on Steam, when it goes on Discount. Because even if there is a crack eventually, the game will be somewhat difficult to use. It will be different that the other repacks from G4TW.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:01

Thanks for answering, so answer NO  Toast . (And as far as posting the wrong place:  Sorry, I couldn't find the right place, or it was locked.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 12 Dec 2019, 00:10

Meanwhile I've moved this topic under the old "Wishlist" section! Was going to do The Legend of Bum-bo & other Indie stuff, and also prepare other Christmas-surprises, when I got ill...but it will get better again.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Tue 21 Jan 2020, 17:14

Hello, I know this is a lot later to add something to the wishlist but I recently got this urge to play Spore again and I wonder if you guys would consider adding it to the forum. I hope you will! Even if you don't thank you for everything so far! 
I tip my fedora.
Unesty
Unesty
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 21 Jan 2020, 22:31

Unesty wrote:Hello, I know this is a lot later to add something to the wishlist but I recently got this urge to play Spore again and I wonder if you guys would consider adding it to the forum. I hope you will! Even if you don't thank you for everything so far! 
I tip my fedora.

I'll look into it later on, but interest in anything else than TS4 is rather low, ... and I know I should not get discouraged by that, but this does have implications for how stuff gets released. If people don't seed back (and the platform specializes in torrents after all) then maintaining releases is always tricky. I've meanwhile started to supplement the 'less popular' releases with permanent direct downloads.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 21 Jan 2020, 23:08

I am here for you no matter what 😇

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Wed 22 Jan 2020, 11:53

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Unesty wrote:I'll look into it later on, but interest in Hello, I know this is a lot later to add something to the wishlist but I recently got this urge to play Spore again and I wonder if you guys would consider adding it to the forum. I hope you will! Even if you don't thank you for everything so far! 
I tip my fedora.

I'll look into it later on, but interest in anything else than TS4 is rather low, ... and I know I should not get discouraged by that, but this does have implications for how stuff gets released. If people don't seed back (and the platform specializes in torrents after all) then maintaining releases is always tricky. I've meanwhile started to supplement the 'less popular' releases with permanent direct downloads.

Of course I understand  Mine is just a suggestion. Oh my...  I cannot promise that I can help seed also. I am always moving, no permanent place to keep laptop running.  Embarassed
@Sim Architect I am glad there is help though Smile
Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 22 Jan 2020, 23:21

If there's something you'll always find in this forum is help @Unesty!

I am not here much, but I am pretty sure you're in good hands 😍
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Sat 01 Feb 2020, 21:35

@Sim Architect That's true. It's why I like it here. Smile
Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Feb 2020, 03:32

Sim Architect wrote:I am here for you no matter what 😇

Unesty wrote:@Sim Architect That's true. It's why I like it here. Smile

While we're at it, I shall relate the following anecdote. So there is this American cartoon channel, if anybody still remembers Cartoon Network. They also broadcast in my country, and it was free-to-air back then, in the 1990s.

When I was young I watched one of these cartoons, can't remember the name anymore. But in the cartoon there was this guy who was trying to hit up various women, and the whole thing had a slapstick-like touch to it. Of course the guy always failed. But at some point, something strange happened. A small kid came up to the guy, and gave him a balloon (?) or something, and a piece of paper with the words "I can be your friend too". Then the kid turned around, and went his way again.

To a modern audience such a cartoon, or rather the scene I just described, might cause outrage. Then again, that's not the point of this message here. But to me back then, it also felt bizarre. And it wasn't until much, much later in life that for some reason I recalled that cartoon scene again and thought "they were right!". How, you might ask?

I thought that the message the cartoon wanted to convey was that no matter how dire a situation may be, you always need to appreciate the small and positive things, no matter what. And that's why I like these oldschool cartoons: they always tried conveying some kind of positive message, something that one can *maybe* learn from. Which in turn is something that most modern cartoons (or shall I say, "computer-generated & animated series") are lacking in.

So yes, I do appreciate anything positive, really. Smile

P.S. oh, and I bet I will get again angry e-mails from the woke/#metoo/politically-correct faction, postulating that oldschool cartoons are racist/misogynist/bad/etc. If so, just save the oxygen in your brains, for someone who cares. A.k.a. not me. Good job!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 03 Feb 2020, 23:46

@The_gh0stm4n

Johnny Bravo?

Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 Johnny10
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 10 Feb 2020, 01:05

Sim Architect wrote:@The_gh0stm4n

Johnny Bravo?

Quick Forum update & new games/features poll! [OBSOLETE] - Page 2 Johnny10

No, I don't think it was Johnny B. The cartoon that I referenced above was a lot more family-friendly in general. But Johnny B. was just full-blown slapstick, if my memory doesn't fail me now.

Edit: I am discontinuing this section/thread now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top