Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Crashing on fresh install. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Crashing on fresh install. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 Crashing on fresh install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2019, 18:26

I have tried to search for this issue but did not find any information on it so I will try to explain what problem I am having and what I have done:

I installed the Sims 4 following the order of install and installed the following packs:
Sims 4 Base
Get To Work
Get Together
City Living
Cats and Dogs 

I went into the game, first I had the "Origin is not running error" so I moved the Sims 4 folder out of Electronic Arts into the C:/Programs Files(x86) area as posts here have explained to overcome this error. Sims 4 then started up fine.

In Sims 4, I went through Create a Sim fine, then I saved my sim, went into choose a house. I did not get any option to move my sim into the house I chose, clicking on the bottom right button brought me right back to create a sim. So in house selection mode, I clicked Gallery, then chose my sim and clicked place, now I could choose a home. I got the "Your sim is ready to move in" dialog, but when I hit ok or accept to start this, the game immediately crashes to desktop.

If I hit build in the house selection area, it will just hang with the green orb spinning and will have to eventually end the game via task manager.

Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Crashing on fresh install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Crashing on fresh install. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Jul 2019, 18:43

Hello,

Did you use the G4TW repacks? If yes, then you skipped a number of torrents in-between City Living and Cats/Dogs. For simplicity I would recommend using anadius's installers here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33925-the-sims-4-v1-53-115-1020-all-dlcs-selectable-17-languages-anadius-repack-download-only-what-you-need

When you get to either the MEGA or MediaFire downloads-page, keep in mind the following:

anadius wrote:"I want to just update the game"
Download no-origin-fix-*.rar and patch-*.xbin [and _setup-*.exe, obviously]

Run the patch, apply the No-Origin-Fix (I suppose alternatively you can also take the "Game"-subfolder included in the Cats/Dogs repack from G4TW).

//EDIT

After you install the patch, I believe there will be a file "dlc-toggler.exe", inside your The Sims 4 install path. Open it once you are done with the above. Unmark everything, except Holiday Celebration, Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Get together, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden Stuff, Dine Out, Kids Room, Backyard Stuff, City Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff & Cats/Dogs.

Then try the game again. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Crashing on fresh install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Crashing on fresh install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2019, 15:20

Appreciate all the help, don't know why I didn't see that when I started the install. Managed to fix it by going the LZOrigin route.

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved (for now?), & topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top