Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TSR workshop could not locate game folder. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TSR workshop could not locate game folder. [SOLVED] Empty TSR workshop could not locate game folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2019, 20:42

I really want to create custom content through Tsr workshop on sims 3 but it says it cant locate the game path is there a way for me to make cc with the cracked game?

Back to top Go down

TSR workshop could not locate game folder. [SOLVED] Empty Re: TSR workshop could not locate game folder. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Aug 2019, 20:56

feefikitty411 wrote:I really want to create custom content through Tsr workshop on sims 3 but it says it cant locate the game path is there a way for me to make cc with the cracked game?

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

While I'm not familiar with the tool itself, I tried installing it, and so far I got this. I got the game from G4TW, incl. all DLC expansions/stuffpacks. I went under Edit => Preferences => Folders, and for the beginning I chose the base game folder for TS3, located on my end under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

TSR workshop could not locate game folder. [SOLVED] G1nTGmg

Then this here popped up:

TSR workshop could not locate game folder. [SOLVED] HPiXkLp

Is this how it is meant to work?

Can you tell us a few more details...like, where you downloaded your TS3 from, and if you are otherwise able to play the game fine? I assume that because there are fields for each expansion & stuffpack for The Sims 3, incl. the Documents-folder, that along the way you have to "fill out" all the lines. For now I just tested the base game line, and it seems to work.

If you can walk me through as to how exactly you went about this, I can maybe test other things. But for now that's all I can say. Feel free to keep us posted if you like.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

TSR workshop could not locate game folder. [SOLVED] Empty Re: TSR workshop could not locate game folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2019, 21:10

I got it from the Sims Architect full download how do I add all of my expansion packs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2019, 21:14

Thank yo so much I figured it out

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Aug 2019, 21:19

feefikitty411 wrote:I got it from the Sims Architect full download how do I add all of my expansion packs?

If your expansions and stuffpacks are installed properly, and I assume they are included in Sim Architect's pack, then you have to look carefully at the Edit => Preferences => Folders window, that I posted before. 

You have to look under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts. Within that "Electronic Arts" folder, there are the subfolders for all The Sims 3-components. The folder "The Sims 3" there, which I mentioned in my previous reply, is for the base game. Then you also have folders like "The Sims 3 World Adventures", "The Sims 3 Generations", etc.

I don't know if Sim Architect changed anything in his repack, I'm not familiar enough with that. But do you have that folder structure on your end, as well?

//EDIT

[not]Since the problem appears to be resolved, I shall close the thread now. Feel free to open a new thread anytime again if you need more Support, or even if you just want to hang out. Have fun! Very Happy

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top