Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't run game - Error Code 0x065d0274

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't run game - Error Code 0x065d0274 Empty Can't run game - Error Code 0x065d0274

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2019, 13:55

Hello! I just installed everything from the Sims 3 anadius repack. The launcher loads okay but when I try to launch the game the screen goes black for long periods of time and when I close it the error code shows up. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong, any help greatly appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Can't run game - Error Code 0x065d0274 Empty Re: Can't run game - Error Code 0x065d0274

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 21 Aug 2019, 22:58

lannisters_ wrote:Hello! I just installed everything from the Sims 3 anadius repack. The launcher loads okay but when I try to launch the game the screen goes black for long periods of time and when I close it the error code shows up. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong, any help greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Try deleting the folder "The Sims 3" under Documents\Electronic Arts, then try running the game again. Did you download and install any mods under the actual install location too, under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 ? If so, remove these modified files again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't run game - Error Code 0x065d0274 Empty Re: Can't run game - Error Code 0x065d0274

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2019, 02:27

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
lannisters_ wrote:Hello! I just installed everything from the Sims 3 anadius repack. The launcher loads okay but when I try to launch the game the screen goes black for long periods of time and when I close it the error code shows up. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong, any help greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Try deleting the folder "The Sims 3" under Documents\Electronic Arts, then try running the game again. Did you download and install any mods under the actual install location too, under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 ? If so, remove these modified files again.

Thank you so much! I deleted the folder and it seems to be working now. Does this mean I can't download any cc?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 22 Aug 2019, 19:33

lannisters_ wrote:
Thank you so much! I deleted the folder and it seems to be working now. Does this mean I can't download any cc?

You CAN use mods/CC, but you have to make sure they are compatible. Did you use any mods/CC already, that could have caused your original problem?

I would also be careful with mods where you have to replace files that are located in the installation folder of the game, so under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Maybe stay away from those mods, but then again this is just an overgeneralization I guess.  Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top