Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proofing Tools not installing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Proofing Tools not installing Empty Proofing Tools not installing

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2019, 02:25

I've been trying to install microsoft office 2010 proofing tools but every time i run the installer it says windows ran into a problem and to cancel.  I'm not sure why this keeps happening.. help pls.

Back to top Go down

Proofing Tools not installing Empty Re: Proofing Tools not installing

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Aug 2019, 17:48

xXxBabyKimxXx wrote:I've been trying to install microsoft office 2010 proofing tools but every time i run the installer it says windows ran into a problem and to cancel.  I'm not sure why this keeps happening.. help pls.

Hello,

First off what is the client that you used for downloading this thing? Utorrent and Vuze seem to be causing issues as of late. Which is even more problematic, because they are among the most-frequently used clients. 

At the beginning you can try doing a "Force re-check" in your torrent client, regardless of which client you use. This will check the integrity of your download in [percentage], and when it's done 100%, please re-extract the contents of the .rar download again, into a fresh folder, and try re-installing.

If that fails, try re-downloading with a different torrent client. qBittorrent, Tixati, Transmission, etc. Rinse and repeat the process of extracting with WinRAR, and try re-installing.

I only installed this thing once, and many years ago, together with my Office 2010 at the time. I'm not sure if it plays a role, but are you using a different Office version than 2010? If you do have 2010, do you have any other Office version installed "parallel" to it, by any chance? For the moment I'm afraid I can't say much else, and quite frankly I don't even fully know what this download does. I think it has something to do with spellchecking, grammar, stuff like that.

Feel free to keep us posted if you like! clown
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2019, 19:43

Hello thanks for your reply.  Yes I am using utorrent and I do have another version of office, 2013 which I downloaded from here.  Probably it needs to be installed along side office 2010.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top