Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notification bar not opening and can't quit game without force stopping. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Notification bar not opening and can't quit game without force stopping. [SOLVED] Empty Notification bar not opening and can't quit game without force stopping. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2019, 10:07

With the new Moschino update I seem to be unable to access anything from the top right corner bar. Also, I cannot see the career level requirements and such. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Back to top Go down

Notification bar not opening and can't quit game without force stopping. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Notification bar not opening and can't quit game without force stopping. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2019, 10:47

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. This will start the game fresh, you can move saves back later. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Notification bar not opening and can't quit game without force stopping. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Notification bar not opening and can't quit game without force stopping. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2019, 13:19

It works without the mods, but is there any way I could find out which ones are the broken ones? I entered that site that updated the status of broken and updated mods but I still couldn't find one in my folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Aug 2019, 17:24

stubbornbabe wrote:It works without the mods, but is there any way I could find out which ones are the broken ones? I entered that site that updated the status of broken and updated mods but I still couldn't find one in my folder.

Those third-party websites that show which mods are broken/not broken just give you a first glimpse on what to do. I know that people might get the impression that those lists are "complete", "all-encompassing", or whatever term you want to use here. But the truth is, given the vast amount of mods/CC available, it's not realistic for anybody to draw up a list that is even remotely complete.

In other words, if the mods that you yourself use are not on that list, then you'll have to filter the stuff out manually, which can be painful to do if you have lots of stuff. Then again, you might want to scale down on the number of stuff you use.

It works both ways: surely adding lots of mods/CC can enhance your gameplay experience (somewhat). But the disadvantage is that you have to keep up with your stuff and update/remove stuff as needed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2019, 23:29

Okay, thank you very much for your help Smile

//EDIT

Update: This happened because I didn't update my UI Cheats extension.

[not]Problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more help. This topic is closed now. Yess, aye lieeke! 

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top