Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What mods are working and which ones are not for Sims 4 1.55.105.1020 Windows - 1.55.105.1220 MAC. [OBSOLETE]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What mods are working and which ones are not for Sims 4 1.55.105.1020 Windows - 1.55.105.1220 MAC. [OBSOLETE] Empty What mods are working and which ones are not for Sims 4 1.55.105.1020 Windows - 1.55.105.1220 MAC. [OBSOLETE]

Post by grieralexander Tue 10 Sep 2019, 16:37

As we all know a new game patch has come out and today a new Expansion: Real Of Magic is released. As seasoned Sims players should know, this means: Broken mods! (My game is not working! I got a long number Error Message!) Most of these can and could have been prevented, by simply removing the Sims 4 folder which is located at Documents/Mygames; the one where mods, tray files and saves are at.

You can simply rename it or move it to an area of your choice. What does this do? First, It lets the game generate a brand new My games folder, shiny and fresh and fresh is good! Second, it will let you test, if your game patch or expansion have any issues of its own. If everything looks good, now you need to hunt down the mods you have and see if they are still working or they are broken (which will cause all sorts of weird stuff in your game (like magic!), bad magic. The ones that have been updated can be placed back into the New game folder.

Mods that break the game is particularly true of script or tuning mods (the ones that change game behavior), check for those first! After all those have cleared out your testing, you may place back your other mods (decor, build items, skins, etc.) Remember! Any mod can break your game; if after installing these mods you start having issues, The problem is there in those packages, you will need to test to find the one that is causing it. A good rule of thumb: Problems in CAS any package that modifies Sims, from makeup, clothes, skins, etc. ; build problems, any decor or build item or object place holder mods!

Disclaimer: I am providing a link to an updated working-broken mod list, bare in mind that this list is not being compiled by G4TW, hence not endorsed! It is not updated by us! I am providing the link to the list as an additional tool you may use to regular Sims 4 upkeep, if you use mods or CC. Nor, I am assuming responsibility for it's upkeep; I am providing the link as an extra resource for G4TW users, you may use to solve common Sims 4 problems!
https://simsonic.weebly.com/modstracker.html

[not]Paragraphed, moved to "The Sims Emporium", and stickied. Carlos is tha man 

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

What mods are working and which ones are not for Sims 4 1.55.105.1020 Windows - 1.55.105.1220 MAC. [OBSOLETE] Empty How To Find Broken CC in Sims 4

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 04:15

Hello! I've downloaded a lot of cc. But some are broken. I tried using the sims 4 tray importer but since my game is cracked it doesn't work. Is there any way for me to find broken cc fast and easy?

Back to top Go down

What mods are working and which ones are not for Sims 4 1.55.105.1020 Windows - 1.55.105.1220 MAC. [OBSOLETE] Empty Re: What mods are working and which ones are not for Sims 4 1.55.105.1020 Windows - 1.55.105.1220 MAC. [OBSOLETE]

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 05:56

Alishaine wrote:Hello! I've downloaded a lot of cc. But some are broken. I tried using the sims 4 tray importer but since my game is cracked it doesn't work. Is there any way for me to find broken cc fast and easy?

Hi! the Sims 4 tray importer does work with the cracked game, it only looks at your 'tray items' so if you have broken CC (clothes,hair etc) you can place them on a Sim and save them to your gallery then remove those broken mods from the importer. As for another way, you can try and use the 'Better Exceptions' Mod by TwistedMexi on Patreon (its free) to help find broken mods in your game. 

Better Exceptions Mod: 
https://www.patreon.com/posts/better-v1-06-29039585 (latest version)

hope this helps!

Back to top Go down

What mods are working and which ones are not for Sims 4 1.55.105.1020 Windows - 1.55.105.1220 MAC. [OBSOLETE] Empty Re: What mods are working and which ones are not for Sims 4 1.55.105.1020 Windows - 1.55.105.1220 MAC. [OBSOLETE]

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 10:45

When I used the Sims 4 Tray Importer, it didn't show the cc that I used on sims and lots that I wanted to delete 😅 But I'll try again and use that one too! Thank you so much!

//EDIT

Oh and when I used the Sims 4 Tray Importer, it didn't show my tray files. At the beginning there was this part where it will detect the game. I directed it to the game folder in my main c folder in my desktop because that's where its main components were. Maybe I did it in a wrong way? 😅

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2019, 10:49

Alishaine wrote:When I used the Sims 4 Tray Importer, it didn't show the cc that I used on sims and lots that I wanted to delete 😅 But I'll try again and use that one too! Thank you so much!

//EDIT

Oh and when I used the Sims 4 Tray Importer, it didn't show my tray files. At the beginning there was this part where it will detect the game. I directed it to the game folder in my main c folder in my desktop because that's where its main components were. Maybe I did it in a wrong way? 😅

yeah the importer is abit iffy to get around,under the settings make sure in the 'Customs Folder' you have imported your tray folder : E:/Documents/ElectronicArts/TheSims4/Tray

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Wed 18 Sep 2019, 14:57

Alishaine wrote:When I used the Sims 4 Tray Importer, it didn't show the cc that I used on sims and lots that I wanted to delete 😅 But I'll try again and use that one too! Thank you so much!

//EDIT

Sims 4 tray Imported works with G4TW Version of the game. After you have installed the Tray Importer, go to the set up page. DO NOT! let the Tray Importer find is own path (automatic Set Up), instead do it manually. First, you need to choose the patch of where you installed the game. Second, you will need to choose the path leading to the directory where the game created your game folder. Once this is done, try your Tray Importer Installation again. Be aware that tray importer also comes in 32 and 64 bits versions. I personally use 64.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Wed 18 Sep 2019, 22:43

Alishaine wrote:Thank you so much!
You are most welcomed!
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top