Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Problem connecting to the server" Error After Superpatch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Problem connecting to the server" Error After Superpatch Empty "Problem connecting to the server" Error After Superpatch

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2019, 00:43

I downloaded and installed the Sims 3 base game (not the 'Complete Collection download'). Game started and played just fine, but I noticed it looked like it had zero patches installed (real estate wasn't available via the cell/computer), so I downloaded & installed the super patch to 1.67.62.

The launcher does show version 1.67.62, however, when I press the 'play' button on the launcher, the game won't load. I just get the 'There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet connection is active. If the problem persists try again later' error.

I tried going to the 'how to install sims 3 correctly' link, but it won't work; I get the 404 error.

Any help would be appreciated!

"Problem connecting to the server" Error After Superpatch Captur10

Back to top Go down

"Problem connecting to the server" Error After Superpatch Empty Re: "Problem connecting to the server" Error After Superpatch

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2019, 06:37

Wow, I just joined to add that I'm having the exact same issue.

I installed the pack early yesterday and noticed that for some inexplicable reason, my mods weren't working. I'm not new to the game or setup of it or mods, I've used this in the past without issues... Tried to uninstall everything, and today tried installing (and patching/cracking) only the base game (to try to see if mods would work this time), but I got this same error just a second ago. The only thing on my PC which has changed since was I uninstalled OneDrive... Win 10

Back to top Go down

"Problem connecting to the server" Error After Superpatch Empty Re: "Problem connecting to the server" Error After Superpatch

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Sep 2019, 17:25

scoobygsx wrote:I downloaded and installed the Sims 3 base game (not the 'Complete Collection download')...

"Problem connecting to the server" Error After Superpatch Captur10

bamfwalrus wrote:Wow, I just joined to add that I'm having the exact same issue.

I'm not new to the game or setup of it or mods, I've used this in the past without issues... Tried to uninstall everything, and today tried installing (and patching/cracking) only the base game

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums,

The way those G4TW repacks are set up, it is not possible to use just the base game alone. 

https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Now, whatever your personal opinions about that peculiarity may be, if you really want to play just the base game, then google for NRAAS No CD mod. But if you want to use G4TW's materials, then install the 1.67 super-patcher if you haven't done so yet, and then install at least one of the DLC (doesn't matter which one). Finally apply the Ultimate Fix, and you're good to go.

One more thing maybe:

bamfwalrus wrote:I'm not new to the game (...)

To my knowledge it has "always" been the case that you needed to have at least one of the DLC in combination with the base game, to make it work. Maybe in the very distant past under the old Admin (ca. 2010 or 2011 - before I joined this board), he had some tricks to do otherwise. But even so, whatever alternative fix you feel that you remember @bamfwalrus, it has become obsolete, and we now recommend following the procedure in the guide that I linked to, at the beginning of my post here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top