Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Pet Stories still crashing after run as admin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Pet Stories still crashing after run as admin Empty The Sims Pet Stories still crashing after run as admin

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2019, 09:00

Hi. I just downloaded "The Sims Pet Stories" recently and wanted to try it out. I did all the troubleshooting steps provided on the last forum that has [SOLVED] sign, but no luck. still keeps on crashing. 

* I run the game as admin, 
* used run this program on compatibility mode
* I also did the control panel>system>advance>performance> data execution prevention. 

still nothing.  Why. 

Not sure what to do anymore.

Back to top Go down

The Sims Pet Stories still crashing after run as admin Empty Re: The Sims Pet Stories still crashing after run as admin

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Oct 2019, 18:53

jadeaileen041812 wrote:Hi. I just downloaded "The Sims Pet Stories" recently and wanted to try it out. I did all the troubleshooting steps provided on the last forum that has [SOLVED] sign, but no luck. still keeps on crashing. 

* I run the game as admin, 
* used run this program on compatibility mode
* I also did the control panel>system>advance>performance> data execution prevention. 

still nothing.  Why. 

Not sure what to do anymore.

Hello,

See the screenshot here:

The Sims Pet Stories still crashing after run as admin P5B6jXx

Control Panel => Programs => Programs and Features => Turn Windows Features on or off, and then tick the box that says "legacy components", if it's nor marked already for you. Maybe you need to restart the computer after that, I am not sure right now.

Did the installation itself, work without problems? Do you have Windows 10? If yes, then try installing the older DirectX9 files, available here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109&tduid=(1ecd907edf05bdf93e2d5d0306f67835)(266696)(1503186)(1402X558040X148b4711ab304b5e0c931aac6e2c4354)()
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims Pet Stories still crashing after run as admin Empty Re: The Sims Pet Stories still crashing after run as admin

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2019, 04:30

Hi, there is no legacy components on the list of windows features.
Anyway, I downloaded DirectX 9 and restarted my PC, still crashing.
I re-downloaded the game, and installed it with admin permission.. still keep crashing. I'm currently using windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top