Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product." Empty "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product."

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2019, 05:07

It's been awhile since i played the sims 3, i try installing it back on my laptop but when i tried install expansion pack, it's show "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product." I already tried clean everything with regedit but it's same give me that message. Anyone can help me?

Back to top Go down

"This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product." Empty Re: "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product."

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2019, 22:11

Can anyone help me? I really want to play the game ><

Back to top Go down

"This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product." Empty Re: "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product."

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 30 Oct 2019, 22:18

Aunikyu88 wrote:It's been awhile since i played the sims 3, i try installing it back on my laptop but when i tried install expansion pack, it's show "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product." I already tried clean everything with regedit but it's same give me that message. Anyone can help me?

Aunikyu88 wrote:Can anyone help me? I really want to play the game ><

Hello and sorry for the late reply @Aunikyu88,

While we always try our best, please note that we are 'traditionally' always short on volunteers helping out. Even half-decent volunteers are nearly impossible to find. But that's too much rambling from me I guess.

I found this here which I wrote many years ago:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

Try removing files and registry entries manually, according to the guide that I linked. Then re-boot your computer (!!!) and try re-installing the base game of The Sims 3. Note that Steam versions of The Sims 3 will not be "recognized" once you try install other DLC, for example from G4TW. Not sure if you had a Steam game in the first place, but just adding the information here, in case maybe someone else has a similar problem.

Good luck! Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2019, 22:29

Oh i'm sorry. I just worried that i post at wrong place . and yes i already read everything. I already remove everything from registry entry. And already re-install base game. Making sure i already deleted everything and i dont have steam. I already turn off anti virus too

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 30 Oct 2019, 22:31

Aunikyu88 wrote:Oh i'm sorry. I just worried that i post at wrong place . and yes i already read everything. I already remove everything from registry entry. And already re-install base game. Making sure i already deleted everything  and i dont have steam. I already turn off anti virus too

Have you tried applying the 1.67 manual super-patch too, after installing the base game?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 30 Oct 2019, 22:38

Aunikyu88 wrote:Yes. I did.

So at this point I'm almost out of suggestions, but I have some other thoughts:

- do you still have the torrent for The Sims 3 base game as "seeding" in your torrent client? If yes, look for an option that says "Force Re-Check", and use the option.
- if it still doesn't work, try re-downloading the base game with a different torrent client than the one you used initially. Recommended clients in 2019 are Tixati, qBittorrent, Transmission, etc.

I'll also tag Admin ~Ann~, maybe she knows more here, but that's all I can do for now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2019, 22:45

Noted. Thank you. Can i a still reply to this post if i have same problem again? Or make new post?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 30 Oct 2019, 22:47

Aunikyu88 wrote:Noted. Thank you. Can i a still reply to this post if i have same problem again? Or make new post?

Just keep posting in this thread here. Smile   As said, I'll try and drop ~Ann~ a message, and she'll then try and get back to you here. Maybe there is something else that I don't know of.

Sorry I couldn't help further here. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2019, 08:02

Hello. I already re-download the base game and it's still got the same problem. I hope you can help me

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 31 Oct 2019, 11:17

Hello,

If you're planning on installing all of the expansionpacks, I'd suggest trying the "The Sims 3 Complete Collection" (all-in-one installer) found in this post.

Unfortunately it won't help you if you only want to play a few expansions. If that's the case, you may need to search your computer for any reference to "The Sims 3" and delete everything you find (except the files you've downloaded,of course). You can also use a registry cleaner after uninstalling, to make sure there are absolutely no registry entries left for the game. The free version/trial of Ccleaner will do the trick.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2019, 12:01

I already use ccleaner and deleting everything related with sims 3 in regedit. Then i try re-install the game, but it's still give me same messages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top