Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YouTubers Life 1.5.0b10 - OUT NOW!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

YouTubers Life 1.5.0b10 - OUT NOW!!! Empty YouTubers Life 1.5.0b10 - OUT NOW!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Dec 2019, 00:36

Ho Ho Ho!

Due to the very unfortunate developments regarding a popular life simulation PC game, and also because Christmas is coming soon, how about a new Indie game that might put back a little smile again? Here is YouTubers Life for you, on version 1.5.0b10! It is kind of like a scaled-back life simulation game, in which you create your own character, and work your way up to become a YouTube superstar!

Back in the days you still had many "normal" jobs, but nowadays with manufacturing being pretty much outsourced for the most part to countries like India or China, and robots increasingly taking over work from humans, how do you make money these days? You'll either have to have rich parents, get otherwise lucky, or have a very generous  sugar-daddy/momma  friend, or you become some other type of sports-freak (cagefighter, soccer/football/basketball/baseball/whatever ball game player, even chess/poker/backgammon/darts player!), or...you can try your luck with YouTube!

Note that for legal reasons, many things in the game sound similar to their real-life counter-parts, but don't have the same name. So in-game it's called "U-Tube" or something like that. You get the idea. Very Happy

YouTubers Life 1.5.0b10 - OUT NOW!!! VVQUPGS

So yes, I also played a couple of hours and I must say, despite the developer of this thing probably not even having 1% of EA's budget, the game is still more enjoyable than The Sims 4. Though of course, YouTuber's Life is a lot more scaled-back.

You can decorate the interior of your house, outside interactions are somewhat limited to only special occasions ("U-Tube congress") and some random visitors to your house. There is also a money-grinding element involved, in that you have to do various jobs to gather money, and in the process buy new games, equipment, decoration items, food, rent, etc.

Yes, you'll need some level of imagination to see a similarity to The Sims games, but ... you don't have to get the download, if you don't like!111 

So anyways, up to the technicalities. The download is a little less than 800MB. Just open the archive file with 7-zip and then extract the folder "YouTubers Life somewhere", for example under C:\Program Files. Then play the game with the YouTubersLife.exe inside.

Credits for creating the No-Steam fix go to the group CODEX! The game files were extracted from a Steam-version of the game. With that being said, hope you'll enjoy the game, and we may have more surprises in the coming days!

Magnet link (adverts-free! Very Happy )
Code:
http://mgnet.me/dTQmeGV

Direct Download (adverts-free as well)
Code:
http://safelinking.net/ITFNtbf

santa rendeer

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 07 Jan 2020, 21:24; edited 5 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

YouTubers Life 1.5.0b10 - OUT NOW!!! Empty Re: YouTubers Life 1.5.0b10 - OUT NOW!!!

Post by Freezer Bunny Sat 21 Dec 2019, 09:28

How do I save my game progress?? Surprised
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

YouTubers Life 1.5.0b10 - OUT NOW!!! Empty Re: YouTubers Life 1.5.0b10 - OUT NOW!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Dec 2019, 01:30

Freezer Bunny wrote:How do I save my game progress?? Surprised

Press Esc in-game and you'll see a bunch of options, among them the ability to save your game progress.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Sun 22 Dec 2019, 05:40

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Press Esc in-game and you'll see a bunch of options, among them the ability to save your game progress.

Ah, yes!

Also, the controls are very awkward in this game... Oh my...
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Dec 2019, 18:37

For some reason I cannot download this file via qbittorrent. It remains stuck on 'downloading metadata' and has been for around 10 minutes. Bit perplexed since this has never happened to me before

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Dec 2019, 01:14

grotesquette wrote:For some reason I cannot download this file via qbittorrent. It remains stuck on 'downloading metadata' and has been for around 10 minutes. Bit perplexed since this has never happened to me before

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @grotesquette,

Sorry for the slightly belated reply, maybe at the time you started downloading this thing, there were no active seeders? Besides me, there are 2-3 other people seeding, though of course no 24/7. Maybe it also has to do with the fact that the other people seeding this are situated in a different continent than me (Europe).

If all else fails, I'll forward you a direct download through the Forum PMs here, or e-mail. At which point you might ask if it wasn't easier to just add the direct download to the announcement.

As I hinted in the announcement, the reason I try not to post direct downloads at all for these Indie Games is mainly because I want to "encourage" people to help seed. Of course, that doesn't mean I cannot make exceptions where warranted. So stay tuned. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Dec 2019, 11:03

Thanks for the welcome!
I'd really appreciate a direct download link when you have the spare time. Thank you! The torrent stalled at 24% so I don't think I'm going to get anywhere with that  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Dec 2019, 02:05

So back to this topic.

I went to my first "U-Tube congress", and wow! These other Sims, or let's call them NPC characters were super rude! Only after some playing around did I find out you have to gather information about other U-Tubers beforehand, and then adjust your choice interactions, accordingly. So there is this thin additional layer of complexity compared to interactions in The Sims. Not bad though.

Warning: TEA
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Thu 02 Jan 2020, 04:55

The_gh0stm4n wrote:So back to this topic.

I went to my first "U-Tube congress", and wow! These other Sims, or let's call them NPC characters were super rude! Only after some playing around did I find out you have to gather information about other U-Tubers beforehand, and then adjust your choice interactions, accordingly. So there is this thin additional layer of complexity compared to interactions in The Sims. Not bad though.

Warning: TEA

I guess it's similar like in those real-life "game cons", "YouTube cons", etc where people just want to mind their own business. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also! How do I get to choose the option for making the Lifestyle/Fashion channel, because it's un-selectable? Surprised  And a Happy New Year everybody!
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Jan 2020, 00:09

Freezer Bunny wrote:
Also! How do I get to choose the option for making the Lifestyle/Fashion channel, because it's un-selectable? Surprised  And a Happy New Year everybody!

I believe that will be part of a future update or DLC, and they included the "coming soon" as a teaser of sorts.

Edit: direct download link added to the announcement!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top