Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random choppy gameplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Random choppy gameplay Empty Random choppy gameplay

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2020, 22:04

I've never had any issues with the Sims 4 other than this issue.
The game runs smooth for a while, but randomly decides to go choppy as you van see in this video.
Saving the game helps 7/10 times. But after a while, I run into the same issue.

Back to top Go down

Random choppy gameplay Empty Re: Random choppy gameplay

Post by grieralexander Mon 06 Jan 2020, 13:44

Anthophyllitic wrote:I've never had any issues with the Sims 4 other than this issue.
The game runs smooth for a while, but randomly decides to go choppy as you van see in this video.

As a matter of fact, I was just reading people with the same issue. As far as they mentioned it had to do with the Windows update. You may also check your drivers and see, if they are up to date.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Jan 2020, 15:19

grieralexander wrote:As a matter of fact, I was just reading people with the same issue. As far as they mentioned it had to do with the Windows update. You may also check your drivers and see, if they are up to date.

Is that the "1909 Update" for Window$ 10?

I have a habit of not updating to the latest Window$ immediately, because for some reason these updates always disable my network device, and no driver re-install/rollback works. I always have to revert to the previous Window$ version.

Right now I'm still sticking with version 1803. Haters gonna hate Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jan 2020, 19:43

grieralexander wrote:
Anthophyllitic wrote:I've never had any issues with the Sims 4 other than this issue.

As a matter of fact, I was just reading people with the same issue. As far as they mentioned it had to do with the Windows update. You may also check your drivers and see, if they are up to date.
I've just updated anything I could possibly update. Let's see what that does...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jan 2020, 21:50

Updating Windows + drivers didn't do much. Still suffering from the same issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jan 2020, 09:02

Anthophyllitic wrote:Updating Windows + drivers didn't do much. Still suffering from the same issue.

Have you tried playing around with changing some of the game settings, especially turning the "laptop mode" on/off?

I know you hinted that you never experienced issues with this game before, and if the laptop mode really was a problem (on your end), you'd probably have noticed the issue earlier already. But it was just an idea.

I heard EA will continue working on a new patch "after returning from Christmas Holidays", maybe that will help when it's out. Other than that I'm afraid I cannot really offer more insights, I'm sorry.

Warning: TEA
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jan 2020, 11:05

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Anthophyllitic wrote:Updating Windows + drivers didn't do much. Still suffering from the same issue.

Have you tried playing around with changing some of the game settings, especially turning the "laptop mode" on/off?

I know you hinted that you never experienced issues with this game before, and if the laptop mode really was a problem (on your end), you'd probably have noticed the issue earlier already. But it was just an idea.

I heard EA will continue working on a new patch "after returning from Christmas Holidays", maybe that will help when it's out. Other than that I'm afraid I cannot really offer more insights, I'm sorry.

Warning: TEA

Yep, basically tried all of it. My PC should be able to handle it though, it *should* be running smoothly. 
Thanks for trying anyway! I'll just wait for the new patch and see what that does.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Tue 07 Jan 2020, 13:31

Actually, is not updating Windows 10 to the latest Update, because according to the forums, that is what is causing it. Since I do not use Windows 10, I just read through it and did not bookmark Facepalm. If I find any other info I will post it, Sorry,
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top